Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After installing these injectors, I can honestly say that the install was a real PITA. Subaru buries the injectors under tons of brackets that need to be moved. You can definitely tell the injectors are installed when the engine was out of the car.

Anyway, I decided to go with the Ultimate Racing 600cc Cylinder Matched Injectors because I wanted a little more breathing room above the STi’s and the cylinder matching seemed like a good idea. Each injector has a serial number and UR tells you which cylinder they go in.

The price was $425, which is a little more than STi injectors, but you’re getting ~40cc more flow and cylinder matching.

The UR’s come with everything you’ll need to do the install: Injectors, electrical connectors, and fuel rail spacers. The UR’s are not Denso injectors like OEM, so the electrical connector needs to be changed out. I cut, soldered, heat shrunk, and taped the splice.

As of now I am running the TSX Stage4 map on the UTEC. It is definitely running rich because when I look at the short term fuel trims with an OBDII scanner, the ECU is trying to pull -20% to maintain 14.7 : 1. I adjusted the UTEC’s 0% column to -6.5 and the short term trim dropped to -5%. Under WOT it doesn’t bog, but it is definitely running pig rich because my EGT’s never get above 750C. When I get my wideband I’ll do some leaning out, but until then it’ll have to work.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Cool. I was actually thinking about these also, but I don't know if I want to have to deal with wire cutting, etc.

Which IC are you using? Cus I know you have the 18g...

I'm thinkin of goin TMIC with 18g + 650's :) Sound good? :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wire cutting isn't that bad really...that was probably the easiest part of the install.

Right now I'm running the stock TMIC, but when I get some extra $$, I'll probably get a TSX or APS FMIC. The PE 650's should be more than enough for your 16g.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hot_Dog said:
Right now I'm running the stock TMIC, but when I get some extra $$, I'll probably get a TSX or APS FMIC. The PE 650's should be more than enough for your 16g.
...18g bra... :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts