ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WRX in the dirt!! Absolute blast, if you havent tried it, you really gotta do it, our cars are meant for this type of stuff. Its great to see how well they perform in this stuff!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please excuse the orange sticker....its from the track!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theres some turns on it....but elevation changes...its florida :( That must be fun though....Id really like to go up and down some hills!

·
Registered
294 Posts
cbkoontz- where the h3ll is that road!? i live in hendersonville and am lookn for some good gravel/dirt to play around on... thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey, is it stupid to mess around in dirt and gravel with 17" wheels? I miss my old unpaved parking lot antics, but I'm paranoid about messing up my wheels.

·
Registered
0 Posts
wrxCIA said:
cbkoontz- where the h3ll is that road!? i live in hendersonville and am lookn for some good gravel/dirt to play around on... thanks
Take I26 W to exit....16 I think (north of town). Its the NC 197 Jupiter/Barnardsville Exit, take a right off the exit. Take 197 over the mountain to Burnsville (will take about an hour) and you can take US 19 S back to I26. If you want you can take 19N to 80 South and end up at I40 in Marion (get a map). Be careful or youll go off a ledge or wind up in a River.

·
Registered
294 Posts
thanks cbkoontz. while sliding around gravel will it mess up your paint job? like will the rock find there way on your door panels or something like that?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
wrxCIA said:
thanks cbkoontz. while sliding around gravel will it mess up your paint job? like will the rock find there way on your door panels or something like that?
I've had some gravel road fun. drifting is fun, but it will kill your fenders. Only rock chips I have are on my rear fender around the wheel well. Cheapo mud flaps would have prevented it and is really the only way to protect the car if you drive in gravel.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
oops here we go

Me chasing the experienced driver through upstate NY :wiggles: :wiggles:

then playtime after

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Those pics are awesome. :thumbup: I had my car almost completely dark brown on saturday, but i had to wash it for a last minute vieo shoot before i could get a pic. It took me an hour just to get all the mud out of the wheel wells. :unhappy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts