Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last night when I got home I was moving something out of the way and the car just died. I thought it odd but was just glad to be home so I just forgot about it. Getting in the car today I tried to start it. No good. Took me 7 or 8 tries to get it running and I had to push on the accelerator to get it to stay running. It the proceeded to work normally, idling at it's usual cold idle setting. I got in. Seemed to work okay. Waited till it was warmed up. Took it for a spin. Pushed it to the floor and got, well, nothing. Felt like fuel cut. Tried it again, worked normally, got full boost. Limped it back home, started stalling again. VERY difficult to keep running. Now it's in my driveway, dead. CE light started flashing and my fan is cycling on and off. I am resetting ECU now to see what it will do. I may disconnect the Unichip to see if that may be the problem although I doubt it. Checked all fluids, everything normal. Temps are normal. EGT's normal. Ugg. . . . :(

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
Dan

That sucks! Any chance you got some major bad (lots of water) gas? Hope it isn't serious, please keep us posted.

Good luck.

Big Sky WRX

·
593 Posts
Umm sounds like you have either a stuck wastegate or you have a bad O2.

Never Eva Reset your ECU when you have a flashing check engine!!

·
593 Posts
Means you have hardware mulfunction and the car is in limp mode. Means take it to a dealer before you bust something good time.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Dan, realizing it's early Monday morning (on the East coast), but have you had a chance to check with a dealer or anybody? Curious about the problem and fix.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Dan, I'd bet $100 it's the Mass Air Flow Sensor. My Toronado did the EXACT same thing when the MAF sensor went. Should be fixed under warranty, but with all of your mods, you might have to foot the bill.

-Jim

·
Registered
218 Posts
god what do you mean by
"Unless of course they want to lose $1000/month in parts business"
are you spending a $1000 at the dealers every month? what are you buying?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am certain that it is not O2 related, I´ve had that and the symptoms are really high idle rpms and the car sort of speeds up on its own when you let it. BTW good luck on the warranty Dan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A guy at work had this exact same thing happen to his GMC truck last night. I know it's a totally different vehicle but the symptoms were almost identical. He used his factory manual to determine his CE code, ended up being one of his O2 sensors. He has two so planned to replace one at a time today to see which one was the culprit. When he first described the symptoms I was like everyone else, had to be ignition, Maf, or ECU related.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Dan,

Just saw in another thread that you're car is still down. Any luck finding the culprit?

·
Registered
310 Posts
God, hard to beleive they have none in stock in the whole US :(

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crazy huh? Well Subaru isn't the best with their parts network. Oh well, at least my car is running. I'll be changing that MAF and then heading down to Turbo XS again to tune in my Sti injectors, PE fuel pump and 19 or 20 PSi of boost.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts