ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i know everyone has the dreaded rusty factory rotors. But i was wondering if anything can be done about cleaning the hat's up a litle bit. I see that some people have gone to the extent to paint the hats. I dont want to do that, i would rather just by a new set then mask them off and paint. So has anyone tried to sand or brush them off with a wire brisled brush?? Springs coming, and its almost time to put my rims back on, but this winter has been hard on the good ol OE rotors. And the after market shows a whole lot of the rusted hats on the rotors.

Sugestions would be great :)

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
3,485 Posts
You can use a brush to get the rust off, but it will just come back. If you dont like the painted look try finding a clear coat that would work on metal and it would have to be a very high temp paint. Or if people ask, just tell them that the rust is custom and you made them like that ;) lol.
Let me know how it goes.
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, yea i know its going to come back. Im just looking to get one more year out of them before the brake upgrade. And its starting to look terible. Im going to try the wire brissle brush. If not im going to try a lil sand blast on them, i have a lil hand held sand blaster. Forgot all about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts