Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MassSubaru
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
U1221, U1223 & 2011 WRX

Hello everyone!

After driving a few days ago on the high way using my cruise control (65 mph) my check engine light came on. Nothing out of the normal for my vehicle in relation to sound, feel, or looks. I attempted to scan the code using my Cobb Accessport but nothing came up since they generally only read (P) codes which are specific to the engine. I then proceeded to use my Innova 3100 scanner and found the following codes, "U1221" and "U1223".

To my understanding the codes that popped in my vehicle are related to the following.

A. U1221 - (CAN-HS ECM no-receive data) | Not receiving data from ECM

B. U1223 - (CAN-HS VDC/ABS no-receive data) | Not receiving data from the VD/ABS CM

Anyway any information or suggestions would be great. Car runs amazing and nothing wrong other wise. I have done reading online with similar years (STi`s) and then the vehicle just dying.....

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
I’m not sure exactly where to start besides checking grounds, the ecu harness, alternator, and the battery. All of those have the potential to throw some bizarre codes.

I’d not flash anything for sure if the ecu is having issues connecting to the cars harness you may wind up with a bricked ecu.

·
MassSubaru
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U1221, U1223 & 2011 WRX

So a reliable source informed me the following which they referenced from Subaru Technet.

“Looking at the flowchart tests for both of those codes looks like maybe no high-speed can communication between the engine computer in the ABS computer.

Need to check continuity from pin six at the DLC to pin 35 at the Abs computer and pin 14 at the DLC to 10 at the Abs computer” - Matt Miner

Going to take a look over the weekend and see if I can come up with a solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts