ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might look into the kand n typhoon intake. any one have good review from this product. im looking at this intake because k and n says the manufactor of the vehicle cant void the warranty. is this true. thanks for the help

·
Registered
498 Posts
my 2 cents... get the PERRIN, less oil!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I've got the perrin, and it's So oily that it leaked on the box that they sent to me. I just let it dry out in a room for a couple of days, then threw it on. I was scared it might throw off the MAF sensor.

alex g.

·
Registered
498 Posts
overwrxed24 said:
I've got the perrin, and it's So oily that it leaked on the box that they sent to me. I just let it dry out in a room for a couple of days, then threw it on. I was scared it might throw off the MAF sensor.

alex g.
thats odd, mine was pretty dry, well compared to the K&N I had from my previous car..... but i checked again today, and its holding up really well, it oily looking, but not bad to the touch

·
Registered
75 Posts
After reading all the horror stories about CIA's in general, I wrote to K&N about the Typhoon. It seems that K&N made an effort to keep the diameter/airflow within 15% of the stock system, and to locate the MAF in the stock location. On that basis, it should work as intended; delivering a bit more flow of lower temperature air.

You will still get an argument about how the air will be heated by the turbo, and the issue of water ingestion remains. Any CIA is expensive in terms of power gain, but the K&N is a smog-legal mode. My local dealer sells them in his parts department.

It was good to hear that someone is using one successfully with a Cobb setup. I had thought that the lean tune by Cobb, coupled with the K&N leaning things out further, might be too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts