Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i do the txs stage 4 with a blitz front mount or stick with the top mount? what is the advantage? what is the disadvantage?

·
Registered
470 Posts
FMIC's generally get more air accross their surface and usually result in a cooler air charge. Cooler = more dense = more hp.

Disadvantage would be??? maybe cost and instalation difficulty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
fmic experiences

I have a blitz front mount. DON'T DO IT! UNLESS, you're an expert in cutting, and shaping. When you put on a fmic you have to cut about 6 to 7 inches of core support off of the actual bumper. That's why they don't have them stock on the new STi's here. Federal mandates won't allow it. It makes the front of your car weaker should you ever be in any kind of an accident! If you want to take that chance and you can do all the cutting do it by all means it's well worth the gains but it is an EXTREME bi_tch to do and I eve own my own motorsports business with all the tools, lifts, shop space, etc. and it was da_mn hard to do. I don't mean to discourage you from doing it. If you're up to the challenge do it! No pain, no gain even if it is in your ass!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
There are other FMIC that do not require cutting of the front bumper supports, or that include a modified support. I'd check around for what suites your needs. A point that wasn't mentioned regarding FMIC's is that they cause more lag due to the extra length in piping required, but of course they are capable of more hp due to higher volume of air.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much more lag...........is it very noticable? if i do go for a front mount.......i have decided to go for the hyperflow fmic if it is worth it.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts