Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the full blitz nurspec exhaust but i would like to replace the stock down pipe. my question is, will the TXS downpipe be a direct bolt on to the blitz exhaust or will i need to look for a different downpipe?

thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
The TXS downpipe will fit if you go to a muffler shop and have them fab a pipe to connect it to the Nur-spec. They won't match up directly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, in that case is there another down pipe of equal quality that would bolt directly to the blitz exhaust?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok after talking with god, I am going to be going with the Godspeed uppipe/downpipe combo. Would anyone care to make a guess at how much horse power gain I should see with the uppipe/downpipe and the blitz nur-spec? as of now those are the only mods I have but I hope to be able to get a Unichip within the next 6 months.

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
bigchris said:
ok after talking with god, I am going to be going with the Godspeed uppipe/downpipe combo. Would anyone care to make a guess at how much horse power gain I should see with the uppipe/downpipe and the blitz nur-spec? as of now those are the only mods I have but I hope to be able to get a Unichip within the next 6 months.

Thanks!!!
With the unichip you could probably see 225 hp at the wheels, since you'll be just about a TurboXS Stage 2. Without the unichip, I'd imagine you'd be a little below that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have the turbo xs downpipe and the blitz nurspec-cat back exhaust all that had to be done was i had to get the turbo xs midpipe which i bought with the whole kit thinking i twould fit the nurspec muffler (dosnt) i had to have the end flange cut off the turbo xs midpipe and welded to the nurspec cat back. it fit perfectly after that and it sounds like no other. also the hp gain was noticeable. when i took the stock muffler off and put the blitz back on prob about 15hp

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exxxxcelent................im looking to be about as loud as i can be but i dont want to have that cheep rice sound.

in the town i live in the cops dont care at all how loud your car is. there are a couple guys i know of that drive these massive like 78 Chevy full ton trucks that have 454's with nothing but headers headers for an exhaust. needless to say if you are standing behind them when they nail it, it will seriouly cause your eyes to blink cause it is just abotu unbearable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
OHH MAN!!! this doesnt sound anything like a ricer people come up to me and ask me if i have upgraded cams in my car cause it sounds like its lobing HARD. its an awsome sound. if anyone thats heard my car sees this post give us an oppinion on my exhaust

·
1,263 Posts
LOL - I was only commenting on the volume!! It is a great sounding exhaust. I'm not after quite that amount of attention!
Definitely NOT a fart can!

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
A BMW M3 owner complimented me on my car, saying it sounded like a V8 :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man i cant wait!!!!

·
1,911 Posts
bigchris said:
exxxxcelent................im looking to be about as loud as i can be but i dont want to have that cheep rice sound.
If that is the sound you're looking for forget the Blitz, go for the Kakimoto GT1 OZ. VERy rumbly and sounds like muscle car. VERY deep tone, VERY loud, VERY light.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
really? from the reasearch i have done I have understoof that the blitz was about the loudest you could get.

How would the kakimoto compare to the blitz as far as price goes? and would it bolt up to the godspeed downpipe like the blitz would?

·
1,911 Posts
Yes it will go with the JDM spec downpipe I have, It is louder and freeer flowing than the Blitz with a remarkably ingenius way to make the hangers (they use brackets to elminate welds). It also only has two minor bends in the whole setup and yes it is louder and meaner sounding than the Blitz. It's lighter at 7.5 kg and even available in titanium if you like to lift your exhaust with one finger. Bad news? It is more expensive than the Blitz.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
could you shot me an email for what your total would be for the kakimoto stainless, the downpipe, and the uppipe? I would like to get this all going in the next week because my wife and I are going to her parents house for thanksgiving and my father-in-law has a huge garage with a full hydrolic lift. so that would make installation a breeze................

thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts