ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first thing: I changed my oil to 15w 50 last nite...and when i shut off my car when i got home today i heard the turbo spinning down like a jet engine shutting off and it made me excited.

Second thing: I was at work today and i went into the iv room on one of the floors to grab myself a syringe and discovered these sitting amongst a random group of new hats on one of the shelves...I have no idea why they were there, its probobly the most random thing ive ever seen...but lets just say they made it out of the hospital.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Haha, sweet, I think I left my two hats there, thanks for finding them :)

By the way how come you switched to 15w50? Seems rather thick? you hitting up a lot of tracks this summer?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha no special reason...i was just at walmart and thats what they had so i was like ehh that will work. I wish i was hittin a lot of tracks...i do offroad quite a bit though, and my car is paying the price! But at least its fun!!!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh my god you will never guess what happened...i get a call just now from my supervisor. "Aaron i got a call from the nurses up 6 and they said a young phlebotomist took some hats from the storeroom...those were donated for some of the cancer patients. I dont give a F about it but they want the stupid hats back." UNREAL! hahaha i guess ill have to give em back..sorry to the winner of the hat! :(

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had 15W50 in my car for at least 7000 miles. It held up pretty good but I forgot about it the last couple of months and I noticed I was down almost a quart when I emptied it out. O_O

I went to 5W30 this time, my dad says thinner oil will be easier on the car perhaps helping it conserve fuel. I dunno... but the 5W30 poured in like water compared to the 15W50.

·
Registered
179 Posts
djoye said:
I had 15W50 in my car for at least 7000 miles. It held up pretty good but I forgot about it the last couple of months and I noticed I was down almost a quart when I emptied it out. O_O

I went to 5W30 this time, my dad says thinner oil will be easier on the car perhaps helping it conserve fuel. I dunno... but the 5W30 poured in like water compared to the 15W50.
I've been using 15W50 since about 3000 miles, and I've never seen any oil consumption.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
you work at a hospital aaron? /interning?

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
least your doing the right thing. give that little cancer patient his hat. it will make his day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts