ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know accessport can only be married to one ecu, but is there any loop holes? Lets just say two wrxs get the cobb stage 2 reflash, and one owner buys the upgraded accespport. Could they both use the accessport?

So my question really is...does the accessport marry the ecu? or the base map on the ecu?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
no no no no and no

only one person per AP regardless of type.

how many people have to say this to all you cheap/scamming/theiving kids??

christ.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gusto said:
no no no no and no

only one person per AP regardless of type.

how many people have to say this to all you cheap/scamming/theiving kids??

christ.
I didnt see any smily faces to see if u were kidding , so i took offense to ur response

Tom

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gusto said:
b/c i wasn't kidding.
Someones in a bad mood today...sorry buddy:(

Be happy u own a wrx!:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
AP marries to the ECU.. no sharing unless you get a divorce first. :)

At least in this case, a divorce doesn't cost you half your stuff. :)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Sorry to sound judgemental, but I wouldn't dream of cheating Cobb in the way that's been described here. They've invested time, money and effort into creating a great product for us. They deserve their rightful compensation.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
jugger said:
i agree but i could see some little punk making it happen
No doubt.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess everyone, especially gusto took my question the wrong way, the only reason i asked is my friend already has the cobb reflash stage 1, and he is going into the city alot, so i just thought he could use my accessport for the theft mode:D

Also im pretty sure there will be a way to hack into the accessport, i think with a laptop invovled u could trick the accesport...o well, im pretty sure cobb has done there best.

Also whats the deal with the lincese you buy , when u buy the accesport?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Sorry to sound judgemental, but I wouldn't dream of cheating Cobb in the way that's been described here. They've invested time, money and effort into creating a great product for us. They deserve their rightful compensation.
Agreed %100!!!

I may occasionally "find" a game or music on my computer...

But I have WAY to much respect for Cobb and his hard work to even think about it.

And for those that dont find games appearing on their P.C...

I got sick of paying $40 for the latest greatest rehash of Nascar, and buying a C.D for ONE dam song,etc,etc..:(

Shotgun

·
Registered
441 Posts
someone will find a way to hack the AP and then charge everyone on their block $50 for a reflash
We have all hacked things off the web.. But when a Hack goes wrong it was just a re-install of the program.... Cobb is programming a few thousand dollar engine. If the "Hack" is bad then you are looking at a melted piston and is a different animal. If you want to bet a 3-4 thousand dollar engine on a bad program then good for you,,, :rolleyes: who knows, some Ricer may give out bad programs to melt the engine..There is no antivirus for the car....Cars can get a Virus too....... Pay the cash....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts