ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past weekend I'm driving back from a trip to Mass, about four hours or so, and obviously I'm enjoying some twizzlers, because they are the only food of any kind allowed in my WRX, as they are clean and simple and won't make a mess. So as I'm driving back over the tappan zee in tons of traffic, some j3rk off cuts in front of me and wham, my twizzler goes flying into the steering column. Angry as hell, I drive home going to fast, and get home, it took me two hours and a hell of a lot of messing with the wheel to get it out. pretty pointless story, but I'm bored at work so, what the heck. take it easy guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
six cylinder vs. 4

my friend chris was excited to get his brand new (to him) mercury cougar xr-7. Now we did not know the stock horsepower of this machine but we were hoping that with a 3.8 liter v6 that it would be pushing out at least 200 ponies. Boy were we wrong, come to find out that this 3600 lb car is chugged along by a pathetic 140hp. Now indeed horsepower isn't everything. Just like the great Caroll Shelby says "Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races" The cougar did manage to do a little something in this department with 190 lb ft. of torque however that is still horrible for that big of an engine....someone needs to hit those ford engineers sometimes.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
B-Rock -
I'm wearing a green shirt today.. but what does that have to do with the greatness that is the Twizzler? :confused1

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Re: six cylinder vs. 4

B-Rock said:
my friend chris was excited to get his brand new (to him) mercury cougar xr-7. Now we did not know the stock horsepower of this machine but we were hoping that with a 3.8 liter v6 that it would be pushing out at least 200 ponies. Boy were we wrong, come to find out that this 3600 lb car is chugged along by a pathetic 140hp. Now indeed horsepower isn't everything. Just like the great Caroll Shelby says "Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races" The cougar did manage to do a little something in this department with 190 lb ft. of torque however that is still horrible for that big of an engine....someone needs to hit those ford engineers sometimes.....
This calls for the monthly use of the pancake/bunny pic.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just washed my car. I love the way aspen white looks after a washing.

Everybody needs to use Meguir's NXT wax because it's teh sh1t. Just wax it on and buff it off and you've got a show car winner. Just ignore the ricer advertising and logos, it's a good wax.

·
Registered
0 Posts
come to find out that this 3600 lb car is chugged along by a pathetic 140hp
Hey now, I have a sore spot for those cars. ;) The SCed XR7's and Tbird SCs put out 230 hp and over 300 lb/ft, with the 3.8.

And the comment on the Ford Engineers.....as an engineer I can tell you, its not the engineers' fault something sucks..... its the bean counters that dont let the engineers do it right. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
STi + Twisty Road + Beer in Trunk = Mess

Well, while we're on the food/beverage-mishap-in-car subject, I might as well share my expierence.

STi + Twisty Road + Beer in Trunk = Mess

One of my firends was throwing a party at his house down at the jersey shore. So we loaded all our "Refreshments" in to the trunk of my STi and left. Surprisingly after we got off the Parkway there were a couple roads that had some sharp turns and a few twisties. I proceeded to take the turns pretty hard, which wasn't too smart considering the situation, but I got a kick outta seeing my passengers strap-on their seatbelts, and grip the handles attached to the ceiling. I think I even heard a few wimpers too, but I really wasn't paying attention. Finally, when we got to my friends house, we noticed the faint smell of alcohol.

Appartenly my little joyride not only shook up my firends, but a few the beers too (bottled Bud 6-packs). I opened the trunk to find that a few of the beers (about 3-4) had developed soo much pressure, they literally exploded, which wasn't very pretty. The cans were fine though. 'Twas a royal PITA hosing down my trunk the next day.

(Please note: I did not drive drunk or anything, I slept over, until I was sober, and drove home the next day.) :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
to tell you guy the truth that is not a PANCAKE on that bunnys head :p its a DORAYAKI :D mmmmmmmmm Doraemon loves dorayaki also hahhaha like that matters right.

twizzler make me sick (no offence) red vine is gooood to me

Yeah i have the occasional GF eating in my car on the way home from a drive through i tell her you can eat as long as you dont drop/spill anything. right when i say that "uups" their goes a fry between the center console and the seat :mad:

oh well what can you do except make her get it but....in the end i have to clean it up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To think a meaningless story turned into a meanigless line of posts.......EX-CEL-LENT....on other random news, I gave my car a huge mini detail after the road trip...looks great but too lazy to post the pictures.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
My stapler is red.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
hpe2hveWRX1day said:
Please tell me its a genuine swingline. Boston's are rice.
Swingline Model 747xx. Just like in Office Space. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts