ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am about to place my order. I am ordering the the TIC crossmember bushings and also the Klunk killer kit. Does anyone have this kit because i am on the fence about getting the comfort or the race version. I feel if i order the comfort i will be disapointed. I installed the group n pitch stop mount- very disapointed. I installed the group n tranny mount and was it made a huge difference but maybe i should have got the beatrush one. I don't mind an increase in noise just not over whelming. as my car sits right now with tranny mount, pitch stop mount and kartboy front and rear bushings there is almost no noise increase. only when cruising at highway speed there is a very faint whine.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I have the race. Wish I would've gotten the comfort!

This was the highest NVH mod I've done. It sounds like the rear diff is about to explode.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
This is what I have done to my Wrx.
Group N trans mount
Kartboy tranny crossmember bushings
Kartboy rear outrigger bushings (Race)
TIC rear diff mount bushings (RACE)
Kartboy rear subframe lock bolts
As far a NVH goes I would say the it has increased alittle bit with all these mods combined. My wife and I both agree that its not bad at all. I really dont think you will have a problem with it, but thats my OP.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
So the sound from your rear diff sounds like a freight train? Is it bad enough that you ill eventually will switch out?
It's to the point that I will be removing them except for race days.

I am running the R180 rear diff, with the solid metal rear end bushings that only came on the 04 STi. So maybe I'm hearing it more than anyone else would.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

I am running the R180 rear diff, with the solid metal rear end bushings that only came on the 04 STi. So maybe I'm hearing it more than anyone else would.
That would probly explain the reason yours is louder.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I switched to the comfort because i am going to do more mods like propeller shafts and subframe lock bolts

How can one person say his diff sounds like its going to explode and another say that its not that bad?
As far as my Wrx and bushings go. The only time I really notice any NVH is during deceleration. Its more of a vibration than loud noise. Still in my OP its not that bad at all. Let us know how you like the bushings and good luck with the install.

That kit comes with the subframe lock bolts right?

If so when you install them. Get pb blaster and a 1/2inch wire brush type pipe cleaner. You can get that from you local hardware store for like 2 or 3 bucks. Lots of PB blaster and run the pipe cleaner in and out while twisting it. This is how I cleaned the threads. It took 3 times to get them clean enought to get the bolts to go in. It was a pita for me. Also make sure to get them snug do not over tighten them or you risk snapping the nut off on the inside. Maybe you already know this but I wanted to give you a heads up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

That would have been good info to post before with your original post! I changed my order because you made it seem like if i put them on my car it would be super loud. Of course yours is going to be louder with solid metal rear end bushings. Thats like me saying I have 300 HP on my stock motor and then later tell you that i swapped it out for a 2.5! Thanks for the crappy imput!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, i think if the noise that he experienced was directly related to a mod or something that was only on his car i think he should have filled me in on that if i was to consider it good input. Maybe it came across a jerkish but i was a little irritated. No worries though i dont want to start a fight thread and it was my question that i asked to a forum of Subaru owners. I should have waited a few days to get input from several people before acting on it. I think he should of said " i have the race but.... i also have..... oh well ya live and ya learn. The bushings should be at my house in the next day or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts