ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohk, i know there is a video on here where a guy put a turkey call on his BOV - well, i have a forge BOV and would like to some how get the turkey call on there one night and just drive around threw the downtown part of my city to make people question "what the hell was that". Anyone know how this could be done with a forge bov?

thanks

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
HAHAHA this would be awesome. i think it was a turkey call whistle. i can't remember if the forge was 100% atmosphere. but i would imagine just set it up so that the whistle gets air from the bov every time you let off gas and there ya go. i dunno, maybe put an extra tube there to direct some bov air to the whistle?

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!:wiggles:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha im glad i have the support of you guys, i totaly was expected a flame session.

Its 100% vent so i know it can be done, im just not sure where i would begin to set it up. Here is a picture of what the BOV looks like, im open to ideas guys, tell me what u think and ill try it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Vette Dude said:
looks to me like it vents at the bottom there.. Try duck tape and some tubing...:wiggles:
Duct tape always works!!!

I heard of a guy using one of the rolled party favor whistles and had it come out of his hood or fender so when he shifted it was like it was giving the bird.

When you get it done you need to make a video of it!!

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I have the forge valve... good luck trying to rig that up! The vents are all around the valve on the bottom as you can see, so it's gonna be hard to direct any significant amount of air in one direction. What would prob work better would be a recirc valve. You could just hook up a hose to the recirc part and tape the whistle on the end of it... plug the actual recirc hole into the intake and presto!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
My step bro has a 91 GS-t and he took the recirculating hose off. Well he was going to put it back on but lost it. He used the rubber grip off of a broom and it fit. when the reved the engine it sucked in tight and when he let off it ballooned up. It looked so hilarious. then he made a small cut out and put a lighter holder that looked like a bass in there. with a hole in the botoom of the holder too. It effictivly made it like 70% recirculating and 30% blow off. Ol' Billy the bad ass bass (as we called him) sounded better than the Greddy type S I had on my Mazda MP3 turbo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts