Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the TurboXS turbo back exhaust (w/ high flow cat) passes CA emissions?
thanks,
g

·
Registered
167 Posts
i'm not sure on that but here's something else you can consider regarding smog tests that I just found out recently:

I saw under the hood if you look up at the bottom of the hood it says somthing like "Subaru AWD equipped vehicles are exempt from testing under a load."... maybe that's not an exact quote but you get the idea - under a load means while revving the engine, so all you have to do when smogging is start the car

tip: run it on the freeway for at least 30 mins before smogging

·
Registered
167 Posts
sorry that didnt help answer the question at all :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
Under Load.....

JimDab said:
i'm not sure on that but here's something else you can consider regarding smog tests that I just found out recently:

I saw under the hood if you look up at the bottom of the hood it says somthing like "Subaru AWD equipped vehicles are exempt from testing under a load."... maybe that's not an exact quote but you get the idea - under a load means while revving the engine, so all you have to do when smogging is start the car

tip: run it on the freeway for at least 30 mins before smogging
This doesn't answer question either but "Under a Load" means they can't run the car on the normal Smog Dyno because it is AWD... They can only use the Sniffer and Visual inspection. Hopefully we get a duma$$ smog guy to look at it..:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
OOOPS !

Sorry to extend this, it probably should have been in the engine forum...:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
in regards to the question if ca emmision will allow you to pass smog with a after market cat. well the answer is NO!, EPA has not allowed california to use aftermarket catalytic converters on OBDII vechicles (96 and up cars). But EPA does allow aftermarket cats in other states but california.

·
Registered
709 Posts
So... if I get a dp with high flow cat to complement my spt cbe...

my car is...:screwy:

officially NOT street legal? :confused:

Well there goes my stage two.

:mad::mad::mad:

RAWR:mad:

I'm officially leaving cali for WA when I graduate college :tongue:
Somewhere where my AWD is put to good use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts