Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So another reevaluation to save some money, and spread it a bit farther for the future.

Anyone have any feedback on the TurboXS catted DP? Best thing I could find is.."good quality for what you are paying"...looking for a bit more. Also have been considering the N1 Dual exhaust...however, with the savings from the DP I may be looking at the CORSA 3". Real question is if all that money is really worth it...again looking for feedback from anyone running this setup.

As always appreciate the help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love this setup. I had the JPipe with the Q300 but the drone made my head explode every time I'd cruise on the highway. Pretty much to the point that I didn't use cruise anymore and just kept hovering the power band- good quality just with a kid and a wife riding shotgun it wasn't practical.

I ended up researching the Corsa exhaust after a ton of posts on the IWSTI forum about the build quality, the not-like-other exhaust tone (more of a euro purr on WOT), and NO DRONE. The cost was always an issue where it was roughly 1250 bucks for a cat back and 850 for the q300 but you get what you pay for right?

Fast forward 5 months after running the Invidia and I have the TurboXS catted JPipe and back pipe with the 3" Corsa Catback (stainless tips) and couldn't be happier. It is probably one the the quietest exhaust combinations for the WRX. If you wanna be loud, jump on it but it's no where near obnoxious. Also cruising at any speed you barely hear the exhaust or on the highway you feel like you've become deaf to exhaust tone until you step on the throttle and it's like 'oh heyyy' there you are.

Build quality on the JPipe is great. Yeah it was like 389 from IPT shipped which no site could beat, and when I got it, visually and touch feely it felt like any other HFC I've seen (had a TurboXS on my LGT as well). Install was a pain so purchase turbo studs because 2 of mine had to be broken to remove the stock JPipe. Also the water pump belt heat shield has to be modified, you need to keep this there or else problems will happen.

Corsa Catback is gravy, there isn't any other exhaust for the money that beats the quality, sound, or noise this thing produces. Maybe the Cobb SS Turboback but that's about it. I'm in New Jersey, you'd wanna find someone who has this close to you because no YouTube video or recording sounds as good or realistic as it would with you in the drivers seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like I am in your exact situation..wife...two kids...want a quality exhaust that gets after it when I want it to, but mild enough for lengthy drives with passengers who don't always appreciate that type of exhaust.

I honestly can say that the price is the only thing I continue to battle with for the CORSA...but post after post says it is worth every penny. So that's where the TurboXS came in saving a couple dollars I pretty much am trying to reason with myself. I have the funds...I just find it hard to part with over a grand on an exhaust.

Appreciate the feedback and think this is the setup I am going to go with next spring...opting for the black diamond tips. Just seem to look better with the red.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Corsa is a fantastic exhaust, I know I may catch flack, but don't waste your money on the dual N1, it doesn't sound good, and it doesn't look good either.

Corsa, ETS, Nameless... they're all quality.

I'm currently running the Grimmspeed catted DP, and ETS Quiet catback w/ resonator. It's a little loud for my liking, but overall I wouldn't change it.

If you're looking for a good sounding, low drone setup, a catted downpipe paired with corsa is going to be an awesome choice for you.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
The n1 is the epitome of fart cannon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah I have to agree the N1 is like a fart cannon, a ton of BRZs in my area run the titanium burnt tip variant and honestly without the UEL mod, sounds like a rice cannon. IMO before I catch flack I'm not a fan. Do the exhaust right once and never touch it again. I hate exhaust work personally, but depending where you're from, north east winters and the fact that NJ uses a ton of anti ice crap on the roads makes me hate working on them more lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Catalyst being equal, the closer to the turbo it is located, it will filter the exhaust gases better but be more restrictive. I prefer them to be downstream further than the TurboXS / Cobb / Invidia is located. ETS / Grimmspeed, for example, have the catalyst a bit further back.

If you don't really plan on going above basic bolt-ons with your setup, the restriction from the catalyst isn't really going to make any kind of noticeable difference. If you think you might want an upgraded turbo down the line, this is where you should really consider the placement.

Catback makes up 95% of the sound that the car makes. I've always really enjoyed their offerings; unfortunately, they don't make them for my car. If you're going to cheap out, do NOT do it on the catback.

If you have to save money, buy a catless downpipe/Jpipe instead, because from a legal standpoint, the aftermarket catted units are just as illegal as the catless ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts