Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm running stock boost and was wondering how many washer should i add?? how many washers do you guys add??? thanks...
I have a 2k2 wrx btw

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am in Northern VA and I do not have any washers in mine. Everything seems fine. As long as the BOV doesn't leak (the car will idle really rough) during idle you are in good shape...

~ Joe

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the TurboXS BOV and I didn't put any washers in. I experimented with 2 washers and ended up with a check engine light. P0172...Right Bank Rich. I think low rpm driveablility suffers a great deal with the washers. If I didn't step on the throttle enough before I let off, the turbo would back-spin. This is very bad for the turbo. I would recommend no washers until you are running enough boost that the BOV might leak and you NEED more washers to stiffen the spring.

My .02

Later,

Dale

·
Registered
21 Posts
2 washers made that big a difference? you sure the BOV triggered that CEL? dunno 2 washer don't make that big a difference in mine... but i think my spring is a little weaker then the Type H normal...

·
Registered
23 Posts
On another car I am running ~20 psi without any washers and no problems.

Generally you want the valving to be as soft as possible for maximum effect without leaking at high boost. If you aren't hearing any air leaking out under boost without the washers, leave it alone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts