Subaru WRX Forum banner

Turbochargers

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  WVRex2010 
#1 ·
Hey all,
For me, and everyone that is looking for knowledge on this, but doesn't want to spend 1/4 of our lives trying to find the information "#lazy". Can someone, enlighten us on everything that goes into turbochargers. NOT the basic definition, I mean, a more advanced explanation. What the components are called, what they do, etc. (not just the turbo, but the components as well). Thanks guys!

rAiN Twist - YouTube

#3 ·
This is what I said I didn't want [emoji23]. But it does have some good information about turbos. But I'm looking for the stuff that goes into a turbo, other than the turbo. I can't just buy a turbocharger, and tape it to my manifold [emoji23][emoji23].

rAiN Twist - YouTube

#4 ·
The turbo is just at turbo, I don't get exactly what you're asking.

It's a compressor housing with a turbine inside, with pressure relief via a wastegate, cooled by oil, water, or both.

#6 ·
Yes. Just duct tape it straight to the manifold.

I really don't understand what you're getting at here, the link you got sent earlier had awesome information but it isn't what you're looking for...?

You have to have a manifold specific to the flange of whatever type of turbo you're trying to use. An engine that can withstand the abuse. An intercooler to cool the air.

#7 ·
Yes. Just duct tape it straight to the manifold.

I really don't understand what you're getting at here, the link you got sent earlier had awesome information but it isn't what you're looking for...?

You have to have a manifold specific to the flange of whatever type of turbo you're trying to use. An engine that can withstand the abuse. An intercooler to cool the air.
Ok there we go. What does the intercooler connect to?

rAiN Twist - YouTube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.