Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very friendly and helpful on the phone. Answered my technical questions and informed me of what the upgrade consisted of and what I could expect. Customer service was all-in-all very good.

Turn around time was origionaly stated at 4 days, but the compressor they installed at first was not up to spec. So they had to wait 4 extra days for the replacement. A little late but the end result is that I have a turbo that is up to spec and pefectly balanced. I give good points for that. I'm willing to wait for quality work.

The product came completely cleaned, polished and painted. I was very please with the looks. New seals were on the coolant lines and oil return line.

Performance is getting better and better with every drive. This is a great turbo upgrade if you want to keep as much stock as possible. I have all three cats in place, the stock ECU and a simple bleed valve for extra boost and absolutely no hiccups or pulled timing even at 16 psi. The turbo is rated up to 300 hp which is fine with me. If your goals are conservative and you just want a little extra go while maintaining stock drivability, this turbo is for you. Turbochargers.com makes no modifications to the turbine side and I have experience no increase in lag at all. This was the primary reason I chose this over the FP turbo upgrade.

All in all, this is an excellent stage one upgrade that is also a good foundation turbo for future mods that will raise boost. With fuel and EM this turbo will really scream. But the power delivery characteristics have changed dramaticaly. The car builds speed all the way to the redline fast.

Great company, great product.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Do you have any idea of how much this will drop your time at the track. I'd be interested to see your trap speeds and of course your times. Keep us posted. I'd be very interested in this...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blackshadow said:
Do you have any idea of how much this will drop your time at the track. I'd be interested to see your trap speeds and of course your times. Keep us posted. I'd be very interested in this...
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. I'm going to try to make it to Lapeer pretty soon for some 1/4 mile runs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts