ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if its okay to run a turboback exhaust on an 02 wrx without flashing the ECU or anything like that. I used to own an RX7 and I know they had problems with overboosting with open exhaust so the wastegates needed to be ported. Anything Ill need to do with turboback?

·
Registered
135 Posts
CronoMasamune said:
Hey guys I was wondering if its okay to run a turboback exhaust on an 02 wrx without flashing the ECU or anything like that. I used to own an RX7 and I know they had problems with overboosting with open exhaust so the wastegates needed to be ported. Anything Ill need to do with turboback?
you won't have to do anything with the stock turbo. the only thing you'll have to worry about is CELs if you're removing cats. those are easily fixed tho ;)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Turbobacks are wonderful upgrades, and your car will run fine with them. Just reset your ECU after you install them. You'll more than likely get a CEL, but you can fix it for around $20 with the MIL eliminator from www.ponyexpressperformance.com. I would recommend TurboXS, as that is what I had on my car, and it was definitely high quality.

·
Registered
135 Posts
WRXout said:
i realized with my 04 i had a turbo back system, and my egt would rise sky high for some reason, amybe some engine managment?
shouldn't your egt only really be affected by messing with the up-pipe or pre-turbo exhaust?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts