ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I've got a 2004 WRX and I want to buy a new turbo to replace my broken VF34. I'm looking to put a newer generation ball bearing turbo without changing its original position. What is the biggest and best turbo to get? I,m chasing 300kw (400hp) with supporting mods. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Super Modulator
what are you supporting mods currently?

Registered
I am as well in search of a new turbo to hold up to 400 hp I鈥檓 maxing out the stock one at 20 pounds of boost. Any recommendations??

Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
The question still stands.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
My engine is being rebuilt atm WITH ALL FORGED COMPONENTS,pistons, new heads, cams, studds, etc and all the goodies, including, bigger fuel pump, surge tank, 1000cc injectors, down pipe ,full exhaust system,Haltech ECU, ECU Intake pipe etc plus a tune. I just wasn't sure which turbo to get I am just looking for recommendations.
Thanks

Super Modulator
You have stated NO GOALS. There is no correct answer to your question.

We have no idea how the car is being used. We have no idea who will be tuning the vehicle.

BooSTIng
Yeah, without more information like zax has stated, it is pretty impossible for us to recommend a turbo for your build.

Registered
My engine is being rebuilt atm WITH ALL FORGED COMPONENTS,pistons, new heads, cams, studds, etc and all the goodies, including, bigger fuel pump, surge tank, 1000cc injectors, down pipe ,full exhaust system,Haltech ECU, ECU Intake pipe etc plus a tune. I just wasn't sure which turbo to get I am just looking for recommendations.
Thanks
A bit more detail would be nice (ie: fuel type, what the car will be used for) but based on your goal of 400hp I would run the KillerB spoolinator kit so you can keep the stock location, and go with the GTX 3071 Gen2. Depending on the dyno and fuel that should get you in the neighborhood and keep the boost threshold low.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all my wrx will mainly be used as my daily but I would also like to be able to take it out on track days. I will be installing flex fuel to be able to run E85 on track days but I will be mainly using 98 pump on a day to day basis. I'll be sending my car to Ichiban Imports to get tuned for this application when it's finished.
Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
[
A bit more detail would be nice (ie: fuel type, what the car will be used for) but based on your goal of 400hp I would run the KillerB spoolinator kit so you can keep the stock location, and go with the GTX 3071 Gen2. Depending on the dyno and fuel that should get you in the neighborhood and keep the boost threshold low.
Going on what you know so far including what i have written below do you still think the GTX 3071 is the best choice?

Hey all my wrx will mainly be used as my daily but I would also like to be able to take it out on track days. I will be installing flex fuel to be able to run E85 on track days but I will be mainly using 98 pump on a day to day basis. I'll be sending my car to Ichiban Imports to get tuned for this application when it's finished.
Thanks

Registered
[

Going on what you know so far including what i have written below do you still think the GTX 3071 is the best choice?

Thanks
I would still go with the 3071 on a spoolinator kit. If you wanted more room to grow and didn't mind a higher boost threshold you could go with the 3076.

To complicate matters there is also the G series. Data on the G series with the spoolinator coming soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I would still go with the 3071 on a spoolinator kit. If you wanted more room to grow and didn't mind a higher boost threshold you could go with the 3076.

To complicate matters there is also the G series. Data on the G series with the spoolinator coming soon.
Thank You Very Much for your help I'll keep you posted
Cheers, Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts