Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who had the Turbo XS, please tell me how reliable these thing is, is it safe for the turbo in long run? And how many psi would be good to put that in for not blowing up the turbo. I saw the import tunner magazine, and they say we could have around 50 TQ and 10 HP for pushing 19psi in Mitsubishi Eclipse. I hope this is real.

·
1,911 Posts
I assume you mean the boost controller? It is very reliable if you have a boost gauge to keep an eye on where you set it. WRX is fine boosting to 15.5-16 psi easily with spikes to 17 or so. The turbo can't really go any higher anyway. Even set to 17 it will drop down to 14-15 by redline anyway. It is pretty much maxed out at the factpry setting although a boost controller WILL enhance response and midrange power. Eclipse is a completely different car. You can not compare those numbers with WRX. The first gen Eclipse turbo had a huge turbine for the size engine. I can believe you can get quite a bit of power from that gen Eclipse. Sadly Japanese manufcaturers no longer oversize their turbos especially in the US.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts