Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm possibly looking into purchasing a Turbo XS UTEC piggback for an 02-03 WRX. I would plan on installing this in my 02 WRX but am wondering of its relevancy and reliability compared to modern tuning applications. My car currently has a K&N Typhoon CAI so to my understanding I would be able to run the stock map on the UTEC and then switch to stage 1 for the CAI and then tweak the tune to match my car? Or can I only run Turbo XS bolt ons with this ECU? Also, starting as a noob when it comes to tuning, would it be safe to try to tweak the stage 1 tune in the UTEC after I have done thourough research on tuning it as well as asking for advice? It's for sale locally for 100 bucks and am just curious of the viability of running this ecu in my car.

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
Consult your tuner

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had one in my 2004 STI when they were about the only game in town. Even after a day of dyno tuning, the part throttle mapping was never very smooth. I was never fully happy with it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a tuner yet as this would be my first engine management investment. I did call around to two local tuning shops and they said they were unfamiliar and wouldn't work with it. So I suppose that answers my question. So it would be advised against to run the Stage 1 map on my car and then tweak the map after logs to best suit my car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts