ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust is the tbe turbo xs rfl ,one with the cat in it. i got this one because the cops around here really suck and I dont feel like putting on the stock down pipe every year for inspection! anyway after only 2 weeks the stupid doughnut gasket cracked and now I have a huge exhaust leak (gotta get a new one)!!!!! PLUS, the cat is making a whistling noise and a really bad crunching sound, mechanic said it may be bad!! Sooo, knowing Turbo XS wont give me a new cat I was thinking of gutting this one. Any one think my exhaust will be alot louder going from one cat to none? I thought that gutting it would be a good idea becuase I know I'll pass for the visual inspection and the mechanical fix should keep any CEL's away for the obd II inspection. I hope gutting it would make the exhaust alot deeper and louder like all the ones I have been seeing aroud here with no cats...any ideas?? Will it give any noticeable gains?:( :mad: HELP ME!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
if you have a catless up-pipe, i'd say yes....it will make your car NOTICABLY louder, but not like "damn I'm deaf now" louder. Seems weird that your 3rd cat would have problems...could it be due to bad machining, in which case TXS should replace it for faulty parts?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you gut your last cat...I think the smoke/smell will make your car more obvious to the cops before the sound.

I don;t know for sure, just experience from driving behind cars with obviously non-functioning cats. Those cars are very obvious. tho they tend to be older models.

Hg.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Im pretty sure the turbo-xs tbe is for OFF ROAD USE ONLY...so that means no warrenty..

·
Registered
411 Posts
call them for sure, they are a great company that strongly stands behind their products, even more so if they are at fault IE. broken things.

and if you are calling push them for info about new stuff coming out. i pressured them into giving me deatils about the tuna 2 months before it came out to the public

he he. i love inside secrets

luke

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
xaton said:
and this is the first problem I've heard coming from a TXS exhaust product. Who did you buy from? New or Used?
I've installed many a TurboXS exhaust and I've never had a problem.

Doodlebug, holler at your local WRX shop. \/

-Jim

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same problem with my TXS cat and I had a mechanic check it out and he said that it was shot.

I called TXS and they sent me a new one right away, they only asked that I send them the old one so they could examine it. They were really great about it. You don't need to send them anything either, it's a 5 year warranty and they've only been making that system for 3 years, so there is no question as to whether it is covered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts