ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took the car i am buying to a shop to see if it needed anything for PA inspection before i bought it(private seller)...it has a turbo XS stealthback on it and it is loud...i mean loud...i was shocked at the DB level because of the system being catted...but man it was loud....now the mechanic said that all the car needed was an exhuast gasket(part already ordered and in my hands)...he said that it was flange on flange(idk if the gasket wore away or what?)...now my question was...will the exhaust noise get quieter when i put the new gaket in????? i did notice a "leaking" noise when listening to the exhaust....but it seemed like most of the loudness was coming from the mufflerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Are you sure it's a stealthback...they are rather quite.

Do you have pictures? Sure it isnt a RFL?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Are you sure it's a stealthback...they are rather quite.

Do you have pictures? Sure it isnt a RFL?
+ 1
thoes are loud... also u sure u got the hi-flow cat in there ?

also i didnt tell u this, neither do i reccomend it but if u fill the exhaust with water it will quiet it down untill the water burns off

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i didnt tell u this, neither do i reccomend it but if u fill the exhaust with water it will quiet it down untill the water burns off
lol

im pretty sure it a stealthback....4inch DP...3 inch car and midpipe...2.5 inch catback...and yes it has the high flow cat....ive seen it and im prtty sure its not gutted(why would the 1st owner pay 1,300$ for the exhuast just to gut it?) ill look into the RFL though....pics soon to come....is the RFL on the Turbo XS site??

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
The stealth back uses the stock muffler right? It's just a DP/mid pipe.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
1,708 Posts
That is the TurboXS Stealthback coupled with their 'standard' axleback.

Though I am suprised to hear that you think its loud..that system is the quieter of their two exhausts.

and yes you can get that system catted or non-catted.

·
Registered
473 Posts
my guess is that whoever installed it didn't tighten something enough and basically your running an open downpipe in a way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts