ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would Turbo XS stealth back sound on an 02 with a STI axle back? Catless as well. Can I go stage two on AP with that set up?

If so I'm looking for a used Stealth Back

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not sure about the sound but to go stage 2 you need to have a catless up pipe, after that your good to go

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Madoc05 said:
Not sure about the sound but to go stage 2 you need to have a catless up pipe, after that your good to go
The '04 STi doesn't have a cat in the UP

I plan to do a similar setup to my car.

The sound will be similar to the stock exhaust, only amplified (as far as I know). See if you can find a YouTube clip - that'll be your best bet.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
r3x said:
to go stage 2 u need a downpipe
TurboXS Stealthback is everything from the turbo to the muffler (it allows you to utilize the stock muffler for a "stealth" look).

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
r3x said:
would the stock muffler restrict airflow? stock = less hp?
Barely (if any) - the restriction is in the stock DP, which has 2 catalytic converters

·
Registered
129 Posts
The '04 STi doesn't have a cat in the UP

I plan to do a similar setup to my car.

The sound will be similar to the stock exhaust, only amplified (as far as I know). See if you can find a YouTube clip - that'll be your best bet.
Yeah but he has an 02 with sti axle back, so i would say he has a WRX. If you have the up pipe, with a stealth back you will be good for stage 2. with the stealth back you will hear a difference inside the car you will be able to hear the turbo spool. Outside the car will sound pretty close to the same as stock maybe a little more of a rumble.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Madoc05 said:
Yeah but he has an 02 with sti axle back, so i would say he has a WRX. If you have the up pipe, with a stealth back you will be good for stage 2. with the stealth back you will hear a difference inside the car you will be able to hear the turbo spool. Outside the car will sound pretty close to the same as stock maybe a little more of a rumble.
HAHA I only saw the STi part.

If he plans on using an OTS StageII map, then he won't really need an UP. If he wants a ProTune, then an UP will help.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
How would Turbo XS stealth back sound on an 02 with a STI axle back? Catless as well. Can I go stage two on AP with that set up?

If so I'm looking for a used Stealth Back
The Sound:

Teenage girl-cool

Girlfriend-neat

Wife-annoying, but acceptable

Mother-disapproved

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
this is very similar to how it will sound-- this is my friends 03 WRX with the TurboXS stealthback and an STi axleback-- only difference is he is catted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsgkOFZ1bxQ

it will be very quiet--I know for a fact its pretty much the most quiet performance exhaust on the market. The borla hush is even louder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts