Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,094 Posts
Most Racing parts don't carry warranties. Nether my Motor, trans, or rear are warrantied on our circle track car. You would be shocked to find out what a race motor goes for too:eek:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
well wait... what about those gearsets that claim to be "unbreakable" ... what if you break a gear? they should replace them for free shouldn't they? i mean they do claim to be unbreakable...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I would have gotten a gearset that has synchros, I can't drive a dogbox and I wouldn't want to gamble 4K trying.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
MRT advertises as unbreakable... TurboXS does not. I think Marks offer of replacing at his cost is fair.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
MJU1983 said:
MRT advertises as unbreakable... TurboXS does not. I think Marks offer of replacing at his cost is fair.

-Mike

this is true, but i made the post before i found him saying that... but my point is... if they did claim unbreakable... shouldn't the replace them for free?

but again everyone who posted on there did make the extremely valid point that his car was well under 300 whp and the description for the product was designed for cars 500 whp and over... so... not to mention maybe he did get a defective set? i mean its like he is the first person to claim a broken set like that... yet again there is the point that it could of been installed improperly... but (yeah again oh well) thats kinda... messed up paying 4K for gearsets that shouldn't have broken in the first place

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
That's really unfortunate for him, and seemingly uncharacteristic of TXS to do :confused1 If he's only putting 290 to the wheels, I think it might be worth investigating an STi 6 speed. 290whp = ~365hp @ crank, and would probably do fine on an STi box, if he doesn't mind footing the bill.

bah...I was looking forward to that dogbox too :(

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
That's really unfortunate for him, and seemingly uncharacteristic of TXS to do :confused1 If he's only putting 290 to the wheels, I think it might be worth investigating an STi 6 speed. 290whp = ~365hp @ crank, and would probably do fine on an STi box, if he doesn't mind footing the bill.

might try chaulk or whatever they are called... for roughly the same price... and they claim 'unbreakable'

·
Registered
675 Posts
Timdog1650 said:

Don't count it out yet, if you read the whole thread there is some debate as to what exactly caused the gearset to go...its not set in stone that it just broke from the hp...theres talking about maybe installation problems and the clutch being "wrong" for that setup.

·
Registered
169 Posts
TXS just said that because of the respose from the thread on Nasioc, they will no longer be selling the gear sets after they get rid of remaining stock. One freakin problem arises, never got resolved, and they think they are threatening us, the consumer by not allowing us to purchase their gear box? What a crock. What's going on over there lately?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well people need to speak up then about bringing the gearset back...I'll be that the reason they're doing this is because of the supply/demand of the gearsets (not that many people have the money for a crazy gearset like that) and it looks like a lot of costumers will be dissuaded from buying it...I personally love TXS products and was really interested in trying to somehow afford the gearset...it just sucks that they are removing products from their line up...everyone better not talk bad about the "tuna" or else :p

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
neverendingmods said:
TXS just said that because of the respose from the thread on Nasioc, they will no longer be selling the gear sets after they get rid of remaining stock. One freakin problem arises, never got resolved, and they think they are threatening us, the consumer by not allowing us to purchase their gear box? What a crock. What's going on over there lately?
TXS didn't make the gears themselves. They're manufactured by an Australian company and imported under the TXS name. It's not that hard for them to just stop selling the stuff. It's certainly not a threat directed at the consumer.

If it's going to be such a pain in the ass for them to stock, sell, and support these products, why would they want to do that? Chalk it up to a poor business decision to carry them in the first place. Now they've decided not to carry them anymore. So what? If you really want those gears, there are other places to purchase them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think that TXS is protecting their reputation as a company by no longer carrying the gearsets. How can anyone expect a company to warrenty a gearset that they are not installing. I would have to eye up the "Certified Subaru Technician" as a cause of the failure. He may be well versed on rebuilding the tranny with subaru gear sets, but may have not been well instructed on putting one together with the TXS gears. You can give a guy that can paint, everything required to put on Dupont's Chromalusion paint but they wont know what to do with it. I think that being you have not heard of this king of grenading of TXS gears too often that you need to look at the guy installing them. And no one will warrenty racing parts, TXS was good in saying that they would replace them at cost. Just my 50 cents,, (2 cents for comment, 48 for the beer needed to get through it)... BTW does anyone have any updates on the KAAZ sets?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Where was it said that TXS won't sell the gears anymore? I read through the thread and didn't pick that piece up, but anyway...there obviously is something fishy going on with that specific gearset, remember that set of rims from Rota breaking at the auto-x? Everyone was complaining about never buying a set of Rota's again but look how many people continue to buy and sell them now with little or no reoccuring problems, sometimes something goes wrong or you get a bad batch, we still don't know the whole story about it yet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry , wrong choice of words, I was replying to them selling out the inventory then discontinuing sales on them. And yes, there could have been a bad batch of metal , the crack in the shaft of the pic seems to point that way also. It just seems with such a huge failure that the parts may have been installed incorrectly, we have all seen in our days bad installation work, pick your installer wisely.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
SERacing said:
Where was it said that TXS won't sell the gears anymore? I read through the thread and didn't pick that piece up, but anyway
Middle of page #4.
nmyeti said:
We started kicking around the idea of offering a gearbox solution to our customers that seem to have a hard time keeping stock transmissions together. I believe in this product as a viable solution, and we have invested significant resources to make it happen. However, I doubt that we’ll continue to offer it beyond the few sets we still have in stock simply because people expect a dog-box to be immune to failure even when the marketing material clearly states quite the opposite.

-Nathan
www.turboxs.com

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
It's pretty clear to me that this was a driver problem. This guy has already toasted two trannies and bought the TXS unit thinking he couldn't hurt it. But the thing is, if you don't have the skill to poperly operate a synchro box, there's no way you can operate a non-synchro box and you will break it.

It's just to bad this moron is spoiling it for everyone else.

C

1 - 20 of 35 Posts