ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys any opinion on this? will you put this new turbo in ur car? just looking for a good advice tnx...:)

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i'm actually goin to do, i called the seller first to let them kno the situation and sent them pictures. The then seller sent the pictures to the manufacturer. The manufacturer reply via mail but I also talked to him over the phone he told me it is bubbles from casting and is normal, it won't chip off when it goes hot b/c it is made of aluminum, won't affect the turbo's performance and is safe. Which is contradicting for what i have learned from school. The defect is almost near the turbine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i tell u, i wud reveal them and i want to protect their integrity; hmmm though the guy i talked to is a little harsh to me.... convince me lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you saying if it is from credible manufacturer it is fine to install the turbo? (despite of i can't say it is defect but it is defect in literature lol)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I don't know enough to say its fine. Im just saying if a credible manufacturer who made the turbo and has experience with their turbos say its fine then it probably is. A credible manufacturer wouldn't sell a defected turbo and would definitely replace it if it was in fact defected. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crystal clear i understand what u were saying.

·
Registered
188 Posts
if i tell u, i wud reveal them and i want to protect their integrity; hmmm though the guy i talked to is a little harsh to me.... convince me lol
You sound like a troll when you say stuff like this. Go do that elsewhere.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jabbathewhat ur avatar show ur the troll...it is my preference, why question that? i don't bash people for minor stuff like this. I want facts that's why i started this post and asking for opinion, I'll let you know who the manufacturer once i got solid facts. got it?

·
Registered
188 Posts
jabbathewhat ur avatar show ur the troll...it is my preference, why question that? i don't bash people for minor stuff like this. I want facts that's why i started this post and asking for opinion, I'll let you know who the manufacturer once i got solid facts. got it?
Ha, whatever you say. So you will let us know the manufacturer after you got facts or after we "convince you lol". Get your story straight.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Credible or not, if you don't feel comfortable with what they are telling you, return it. You're posting it up because you have a logical concern when you see cracks inside a brand new turbocharger...no thats not normal and I personally wouldn't be ok with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's the response i'm looking for, you see that jabba?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
Return it and ask for another unit if you're uncomfortable; if it's fine and it's new only shipping is to be lost from either or both parties, provided your agreement allows this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i asked the vendor to get it replaced and they directed me to the manufacturer.I called the manufacturer he was kinda upset when i told him that my mechanic don't want to install the turbo and told me that my mechanic does not kno what he is doin; still the manufacturer told me to shipped it to them and they will replace it. I guess i will be payin the shippin, but i guess it worth it. hopefully they will fully replace it and won't just rebuild the defect and polish it.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
OK sounds like you can work with this. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha, whatever you say. So you will let us know the manufacturer after you got facts or after we "convince you lol". Get your story straight.
hahaha my apology jabba i did not know u can't take a simple joke, you even quote and unquote it. there is no story here just a facts. saw their response?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tnx for the advice kronos performance SD_GR i appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
pepe, I wouldn't put that part on my ride. It looks like a POS and the bubble story? Really? What if there is another bubble ready to pop and shards are sent through the mechanism. Sounds like an expensive accident waiting to happen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts