ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 wrx. With 25k on the rebuilt motor and 140k on stock turbo i believe my turbo seal is starting to go. Anyway i recently purchased a vf30 turbo from a friend of mine in great condition. I want to know what else i NEED to run this turbo safely.
Perhaps a catless uppipe, fuel management? Let me know what i need pleasee

Car has :

Turbo xs short ram intake
Invidia catless downpipe
Custom catback
Hks Bov
Ecuflash stage 2

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,445 Posts
If your ECU is locked, you will need it unlocked and the correct map fitted.

I'd look at injectors, a fuel pump, an up pipe, and a map, plus I'd shop for the correct factory valve and sell the BOV. You can consider an IC but I don't think it's mandatory if memory serves. The VF30s aren't as popular as they once were so my info could be a bit off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks i figured i needed those. However i am not to familiar with injectors, any perfered injectors for vf series turbo?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
try to snag some sti pinks. Or 565cc injector dynamics, deatchwerks etc

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Good advice so far including getting rid of the BOV. You shouldn't be running that in the first place.

Do you have a good shop already identified to do your tune? If so, you should ask them for their recommendations on what's a good setup. Shops will generally have setups they're familiar with and can tune better. If you don't have a shop yet, then you should probably find one first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts