Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just bought a 5 spd WRX Wagon last Saturday. Sedona red. Sweet! :D

Anyways, does anyone know if any turbo timers out there that can run in conjunction with the factory installed alarm? I.e being able to remotely lock the doors while the car is still running?? If not, will getting a third party alarm system resolve this??

It's great to see a dedicated forum just for WRX's!!

Cheers,
P2x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a Blitz MSTT installed in my wrx sedan. I was able to get it to work with the factory alarm. I posted instructions on i-club a while ago. Let me know if you cant find it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Blitz MSTT installed in my wrx sedan. I was able to get it to work with the factory alarm. I posted instructions on i-club a while ago. Let me know if you cant find it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking for the Greddy's TT however the wire harness for WRX is not released yet. Any idea on how to install it w/o the wire harness? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will need to hardwire into ignition harness. I spliced near the connector about six inches from the ignition switch. You will find the wires you need in a brown sheath. I don't remember the wire colors off hand, you can check them with a multimeter. I wouldn't cut the ignition harness! I stripped back the insulation and soldered lead wires. Or you can use scotchlock connectors. Hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will need to hardwire into ignition harness. I spliced near the connector about six inches from the ignition switch. You will find the wires you need in a brown sheath. I don't remember the wire colors off hand, you can check them with a multimeter. I wouldn't cut the ignition harness! I stripped back the insulation and soldered lead wires. Or you can use scotchlock connectors. Hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have anybody bypass the factory alarm with the turbo timer?? I tried cutting both wires that sc00by71 suggested. The green wire with black trace above the fuse panel and the gray wires on the security ecu near the center console. I tried it again and the remote control will not work!! What did I do wrong?? Someone please help me out!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts