ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody recommend a turbo timer with stage 2 running 16.5 pounds?? or is it not really necessary?

·
Registered
670 Posts
you can if you want to
but the stock turbo cools itself very well even when the car is not on
Just take it easy the last 5 min of your drive

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've heard it's really not necessary for the stock turbo, but I'd like to hear some other opinions on this too. 'bout to be stage 2 myself and a friend has a blitz tt I could prob pick up for real cheap. Would it serve any significant purpose?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
ecpryda said:
I've heard it's really not necessary for the stock turbo, but I'd like to hear some other opinions on this too. 'bout to be stage 2 myself and a friend has a blitz tt I could prob pick up for real cheap. Would it serve any significant purpose?
Our turbos are oil & water cooled, therefore, as said before, the turbo will cool itself off after you turn off your vehicle. If you upgrade your turbo to something that is not oil & water cooled, then a TT would be a decent idea.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If anything just take your time coming home ( last 2-3 mins of your drive ) and just let your car idle for a minute, its not even needed to let it sit but its a good habit to get into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts