ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for user reviews of Turbo Timers? I notice the Greddy & Blitz both seem to be pretty popular. Looking for all reviews and inputs, thanks alot!

Staton

·
Registered
677 Posts
All my friends have Blitz and it works wonders.

I use the old fashioned sit in the car for a minute or two afterwards.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I have the Blitz FATT and I love it...when Im just driving around town I put it on automatic mode and when go for spirited drives I can set the turbo timer manually

·
Registered
128 Posts
turbo timers are not a necessity.

the only time i left the car idle, was after 20 minute sessions around the track. after normal street driving, you won't cool anything off. to prove this point, watch (if you have them) your water temp and oil temp meters. they won't budge in a couple minutes of idling. your turbo sucks radiator water after shutdown.

actually, you would need a turbo timer if you had after market turbo that is only oil cooled.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ya I've got a Blitz FATT DCII and I'm not sure if I really need it cuz I don't normally drive too hard but I figure for the $100 it can't hurt plus it gets me all kinds of ladies... ;) right...

·
Registered
155 Posts
the greddy tt has a really clean look--and when mounted where the ashtray used to be, it could be oem if the light were green instead of blue. Overall it works well and has some cool features. I only have the emergency shut off hooked up though. Get a harness too to save yourself some work. HKS makes one for around 15-20 bucks.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Blitz DTT. TT and boost gauge in one. I know I don't need a turbo timer, but the chix dig it when I leave the lights on and the engine running only to go off a minute later. They come around and ask me how it does that.:D . Then I ask them if they want a ride:wiggles: .

·
Registered
960 Posts
As long as it works.... You should be ok..

I bought the cheapest one I could find... which is the blitz fatt. It shuts down my car after a period of time which is what I bought it for,

Definately buy a harness....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts