ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it necessary at all to buy a turbo timer for a WRX. ive been talking about it with a friend and he heard that it would help out his turbo in the long run, but ive heard that is totally unnecessary because subaru turbos are water cooled...whats the truth in this situation?
help me out

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
is it necessary at all to buy a turbo timer for a WRX. ive been talking about it with a friend and he heard that it would help out his turbo in the long run, but ive heard that is totally unnecessary because subaru turbos are water cooled...whats the truth in this situation?
help me out
No turbo timer needed!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok good, thats what i thought but i didnt want to start an argument over something and end up being wrong haha, thank you

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Actually a waste of money and detrimental mod for a WRX.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Stupid uneeded pointless device on a WRX.

Actually a waste of money and detrimental mod for a WRX.
You are to the TT as Cheeseybacon was (is?) to the up pipe. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
i agree to an extent, i did install this:

http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=3592

The type 1, the turbo time is set to 0 so that part is not used yes that is useless but there are so many other options that this gives, mainly use it for time, 0-60 (only tried a few times) batt indicator and a/f ratio, i dont use its ability to keep the car running but other applications suit well, imo not a complete waste lol but all preferance

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i agree to an extent, i did install this:

http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=3592

The type 1, the turbo time is set to 0 so that part is not used yes that is useless but there are so many other options that this gives, mainly use it for time, 0-60 (only tried a few times) batt indicator and a/f ratio, i dont use its ability to keep the car running but other applications suit well, imo not a complete waste lol but all preferance
Trying to justify the install! Keep reaching lol, just messing! But really....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Trying to justify the install! Keep reaching lol, just messing! But really....
Lol totally trying to justify it :tongue: Honestly was bored and was a gift from my bro who used to race dsm's had a 9 sec talon years ago .

But yes totally un-neccisary on our cars

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Lol totally trying to justify it :tongue: Honestly was bored and was a gift from my bro who used to race dsm's had a 9 sec talon years ago .

But yes totally un-neccisary on our cars
It's ok...a turbo timer was the first thing I bought after I got my wrx. Then I found this forum lol!

·
Registered
284 Posts
:)^^ lol My first purchase was dp and sweet @ss rims lol i stayed away from electronic and engine management on my own til i found this site ha ha :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts