ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bro just picked up an 2005 Legacy GT Limited, I was wondering if anyone knows if a WRX turbo timer will work. He wants a Blitz dual TT like I have in my rex, that is also a boost guage.:D

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yes it will work, but u can use the harness.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm pretty sure the water/oil cooled turbos that subaru's use keep pumping even after the engine is shut off until it is cool, at least my car does anyway.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Damien83 said:
I'm pretty sure the water/oil cooled turbos that subaru's use keep pumping even after the engine is shut off until it is cool, at least my car does anyway.
Certainly true of the WRX; don't know about the Legacy GT. I would check to make sure you even need one before laying out the cash...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack said:
Yes it will work, but u can use the harness.
Did you mean you can't use the harness? I think more then anything he wants a digital boost guage and the Turbo Timer is a plus.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Legacy turbo uses the same technology as the WRX/STi/Baja turbo. It uses the expansion/contraction properties of warming/cooling fluids to keep fluid running through the turbo even after you've shut off the motor. New Subaru turbos don't require timers.

I bet you'd be really pissed if you left the car running on a timer and someone stole it while it was running.

·
Registered
511 Posts
blarg said:
I'm pretty sure that the Legacy turbo uses the same technology as the WRX/STi/Baja turbo. It uses the expansion/contraction properties of warming/cooling fluids to keep fluid running through the turbo even after you've shut off the motor. New Subaru turbos don't require timers.

I bet you'd be really pissed if you left the car running on a timer and someone stole it while it was running.
thats why you have the TT wired so it automatically kicks off under certain conditions (hood/door opening, ebrake down, brake pedal, clutch)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
blarg said:
i suppose you could do that...but the fact remains, you don't NEED one. buy a downpipe instead.

·
Registered
85 Posts
blarg said:
i suppose you could do that...but the fact remains, you don't NEED one. buy a downpipe instead.
a boost gauge is much more useful than a downpipe as a first mod. for 120 or so you get a digital boost gauge with p/h/w that just happens to be a turbo timer as well. oem boost gauges are what, 160? 180? the only analog boost gauge that is comparable is the greddy p/h/w and even that is more expensive.

lastly, the blitz dtt dc is ACCURATE. people keep testing it when they dyno, against much more expensive boost monitoring means and each time the blitz comes out REALLY accurate (to within 0.8% of actual value is the last number i heard). that's a damn good value.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts