Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the situation. a fellow guy of the forum is haveing the same problem as I am. we both hooked up our blitz TT and cut the dark green wire w/ black stipe on the secutiry box and the gray wire in the center console. The turbo timer works fine when you take the key out and it counts down. The only problem is that the locks and the alarm cannot be activated while the TT is counting down.

Could the OEM alarm upgrade have changed since when people have done this mod last. My car is only 2 months old. I've looked at pictures and my security box under the dash doens't look the same and the connector that plugs into it is also different.

Please if someone could help cnoff and I would be very thankful. We're getting a little fustrated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, I'am going to do that after work. I just thought it wasn't a coincidence that cnoff had the same problem. I'll let you know tonight. Hopefully I can stop bothering you. Sorry for all the messages.

Andrew

·
Registered
170 Posts
I tried to splice the pink wire at work. Maybe I'm not getting a connection, so it is working just like it isn't spliced at all. That has to be it.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
You guys aren't bothering me at all. I just want to make sure my directions can help you figure this wiring stuff out. I am trying to think of every possibility for your problems.

The pink wire is the KEY to your problems. Believe me. Or else I think it is. Take out your center console and splice into it.

You guys both bought the right harness for the WRX right. I don't have the box here so I don't know the P/N. I am pretty sure you do since it sounds like the TT is working it just needs like one more step.

I am going to do a rain dance for you guys at my lunch. PLEASE LET THESE GUYS FIND THEIR PROBLEM!!!!:D

Good luck fellas,
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did somebody do a rain dance or something? I just got hit by a bolt of lightning and now my TT works fine!:D

The magic words are PINK WIRE !!!

Now, what about my turn signal? KD, can you dance for it also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
COOL!! :D I'll never doubt KurleeD again..

I'am going o go connect that pink wire right after work. Did you have trouble with the connection the first time cnoff? Did you use the clip thing that came with the TT?

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
I am glad it works for you now. About your blinkers/ Are you sure you didn't snip any other wires before the dark green with black stripe and the grey? You said you checked the fuse? That is about all I can think of about the blinkers.

Pink Wire Pinke Wire Pink Wire

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Neptune,
No, I did not have any problem splicing the first time. I just spliced the wrong damn pink wire. There is 2 of them, you know. There is a pink wire grouped with the gray wire. DO NOT splice that one. The one you want to splice is hidden really well under the center console carpet on passenger side. And, Yes, I did use the clip that came with it. It doesn't work very well the second time which is why I had trouble with it here at work today.

Kurlee,
I am positive that I did not cut any other wires, but I just can't believe that there is a wire in there that only affects my right front turn signal. I may cut the first pink wire that was the wrong one, then wire it back together in case the vampire clip damaged that wire. Other than that, the dark green wire is all I cut. Once again, thanks for all the help. By the way, do you know where else beside BOV that I can tap boost sensor for TT? And when I say where, I mean exactly where (picture with a green arrow for the right place and a red arrow going to absolutely every other wrong tube/wire/etc :D) I heard that there is a vacuum tube at the manifold, but I don't know which one it is.

P.S. I have to take in my car for decel noise, so, if I can't get turn signal to work, I'll just have them fix it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I spliced the purple wire with the pink wire and everything still works the same. I know I have a good connection between the purple and pink wire becuase when I let the handbrake down the TT stops. So my issue has to be with the green wire. But I don't get it. I'am so sure I got the right one. I also tried reconnecting that wire and clipping a simalar dark green and black wire, but the alarm still doesn't work when TT is engaged.

Do you think the dealership would help me out with this problem.
I'am getting a little desperate here. I can lock the doors manually but I can't set the alarm or lock/unlock the doors with the remote.

ahhh!
:mad: :confused:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Neptune,

The picture of the dark green wire that Kurlee sent is correct. If you cut the wire that is just above fuses (only 4 wires going in which also have a dark green and a light green wire) that is the wrong place and is the reason I have a broken turn signal. You need to look up higher like you said in the other post. I had to undo the nut that holds in the security console because I couldn't get to the clip or the dark green wire easily. Now, everything works fine includining my turn signal.

Looking back at the stuff I had to do, I could easily do it in an hour to an hour and a half.

Where did you mount your display. Seems like most people mount next to cup holder, but my right hand is usually in the way. I mounted mine with double sticky tape next to A pillar. Now, it's directly in my line of site. Looks great there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FINALLY I GOT IT WORKING!!! YAHHH!! :D :D :D :D :D

I was cutting wires at the wrong box. Due to the fact that the seurity box is tuck up upside down way up top I didn't see it. So I thought this box down by your feet towards the left side of the drivers cabin was the security box. It also had a green wire with a black stipe. Well I cut the right wire and everything works beutifully now.

Like you said cnoff if I knew what I was doing in the begginning I would have had this done in like and hour. Thanks god for this forum though. Thanks again Kurlee! :)

So cnoff you got the blinker fixed I'am guessing? Good luck with the turbo gauge part of the project.

thanks again everyone.

:D

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Thank god you guys figured everything out. I am really glad. I told you guys I knew what I was talking about. Believe me, you weren't the only ones that had problems. It took me 2 days to make mine work. And now you guys can agree my directions are correct.

No offense to you guys, but you needed to really read my instructions closely. I said the box with the bolt not the clip one. If you were in my line of work, medical device industry, you would have a warning against you for not following procedures. That's okay though, you made it through it.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts