ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a 2011 STI he is gtting work done on his car I have a 2011 wrx, He is taking his new oem turbo out. CAN I use it on my car. ANY benifits or Is just too much work for low gain. or no gain. I have an accesport tunner. I dont know much about swaping parts on subaru's. THANKS.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
if you can get his intake manifold, his intercooler, and his BPV... you can use his turbo. But I'm guessing he won't be getting rid of his intake manifold.

So probably not :(

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
You both have VF## turbos, so there's no point, whether he gives you the extra parts or not.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Sinister said:
If you want a bigger turbo, blouch makes 2 stock location turbos for the 08+ WRX

This is the one I'd get...

Subaru Legacy GT 440XT Turbocharger
The 380XT (the other SL turbo they offer) isn't worth upgrading to with the '09+. Not enough gain for what you'd need to spend.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
It would be a decent upgrade for the 08 though... but too expensive for not enough hp

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Sinister said:
It would be a decent upgrade for the 08 though... but too expensive for not enough hp
I had this discussion with my buddy last night (who has an '08). VF52s sell for a considerable premium because a lot of '08 owners want them. An 18G variant (what the 380XT is) is a great option for them, as it's only a little bit more money, and while peak gains aren't necessarily there vs the VF, the gains @ redline are significant (30-40whp).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts