ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my turbo recently went, I have 192,000 on my 2006 WRX so it was time for it to be replaced. I’m on a budget and buying a new oem turbo is too expensive and there isn’t any used for sale in my area, anyone have any recommendations? I am current considering a Rotomaster turbo from RockAuto.com and I’ve heard some mixed reviews and would love some more input.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I would be skeptical about generic turbos. It's easy to make one look right, it's harder to make one function up to 100k rpm.

Look outside your area, many people will ship. You've got to make sure whatever you buy is exactly an OEM replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So my turbo recently went, I have 192,000 on my 2006 WRX so it was time for it to be replaced. I’m on a budget and buying a new oem turbo is too expensive and there isn’t any used for sale in my area, anyone have any recommendations? I am current considering a Rotomaster turbo from RockAuto.com and I’ve heard some mixed reviews and would love some more input.
you have the same prob with me... have the same car... they said blouch turbo is good or get a used vf48.... but I'm still looking.... let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an STI turbo on my 05 WRX and a totally rebuilt engine. It's fine, got plenty of boost and little turbo lag that can happen with bigger turbos. You can pick one up on Facebook car club forums or a Subaru mechanic. They are less than $300. Just check it well for any shaft issues first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an STI turbo on my 05 WRX and a totally rebuilt engine. It's fine, got plenty of boost and little turbo lag that can happen with bigger turbos. You can pick one up on Facebook car club forums or a Subaru mechanic. They are less than $300. Just check it well for any shaft issues first.
with one you have? vf39? vf43? vf48?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts