Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone im just a newbie on this beast 2015 wrx and still figuring out why is that i always get overboost everytime i drive my car aggressively. I only hit the gas maybe like 50 to 60% and yet i always got more than 20psi.but if i hit the gas slowly the turbo goes smooth no over boost.but when i hit the gas fast i got overboost.i know overboosti g js not good on the engine can you help me guys pls how to control this overboosting. Am i only the one who is exp. this scinario or its just a wrx thing? I need ur help subie fam thank you in advance..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
i think what it is that a momentary overboost is ok, car quickly compensates but the reading on the boost gauge still indicates you hit a boost peak of 20+ even if you were there for half a second.
You beat me to it. Boost spikes happen sometimes. As long as they're not sustained and don't happen often, I'd say you're okay. I hit almost 19 PSI when I still had my TD04, but it was an isolated incident. If you start seeing that your car is over-boosting and holding steady at that PSI frequently, then it's time to start digging to see what the issue is.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think what it is that a momentary overboost is ok, car quickly compensates but the reading on the boost gauge still indicates you hit a boost peak of 20+ even if you were there for half a second.
Oh see well that make sence to me now. But sometimes sir i feel clugging on my engine everytime i hit overboost it happen twice already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just keep an eye on it. If it starts to become a chronic issue then you can start worrying. Most commonly, over-boosting it's caused by a wastegate issue, but seeing as your car is only a couple of years old, I highly doubt that there's anything seriously wrong with it, especially since it's still stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just keep an eye on it. If it starts to become a chronic issue then you can start worrying. Most commonly, over-boosting it's caused by a wastegate issue, but seeing as your car is only a couple of years old, I highly doubt that there's anything seriously wrong with it, especially since it's still stock.

Waste gate? How can i check it sir or clean it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The wastegate is built into your turbo. There are also external wastegate, but for your purposes we'll just talk about the internal one. It is a valve that opens and closes to divert exhaust gasses from the exhaust turbine in order to control your boost pressure. There is an actuator which has a spring that is used to control the opening and closing of the valve by way of your boost control solenoid. If your boost is consistently not being properly controlled, it could be a problem with the vacuum lines running from the boost control solenoid to the turbo, or a problem with the wastegate itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The wastegate is built into your turbo. There are also external wastegate, but for your purposes we'll just talk about the internal one. It is a valve that opens and closes to divert exhaust gasses from the exhaust turbine in order to control your boost pressure. There is an actuator which has a spring that is used to control the opening and closing of the valve by way of your boost control solenoid. If your boost is consistently not being properly controlled, it could be a problem with the vacuum lines running from the boost control solenoid to the turbo, or a problem with the wastegate itself.

Ok sir copy that il check those things right away thank you so much sir

1 - 15 of 15 Posts