Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving on 95 the other day to find my 09 WRX hatch suddenly does not create any type of boost whatsoever. Car runs just like an NA, no boost to be found. No CEL, reset the ECU, checked the solenoid, removed heat shield to check wastegate arm all to no avail. Afraid turbo might have gone bad but according to the older owner he replaced it around 10k ago. Any ideas before I break my bank and invest in another turbo? Heard something about the MAF which I thought was unreal, have yet to mess with that. Figured I'd ask the pros first.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
How do you know it's not making any boost. How much isn't making?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,726 Posts
There is a C-clip (half moon) on the actuator arm that can (rarely) go AWOL. You said you checked the WG -- was the clip there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
checked the WG and seemed like the clip (washer looking thing?) was under the arm of the WG if that's what you're talking about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ended up getting in contact with the prior owner and he said the turbo had a 30,000 mile warranty on it when he last replaced it. getting over to the subaru dealership tomorrow and hopefully walking out of there with a full wallet and a new turbo. will keep you guys updated.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
You don't even know what the problem is and think you are getting a new turbo.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
For a turbo to fail under 30k is uncommon. I would investigate an underlying issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts