ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much turbo lag do you guys have? my turbo kicks in at around 3000 rpm...which seems like a lot of turbo lag to me. what can i do to help that?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Get an uppipe.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yep, the uppipe is key.

Spool up begins under 2,500 RPM.

Also the uppipe is huge bang for the buck. :cool:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Port and Polish your turbo too if your a anti-lag ***** like me! Thats what im gonna do....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have an uppipe though and new pulleys....it doesnt seem to start spooling until aroudn 3000 rpm

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Uppipe, downpipe and a reflash will almost completely eliminate turbo lag. If thats not enough for you, you can P&P your stock turbo and add a turbo inlet hose.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
That's odd. My VF34 starts spooling before 3000. My stage II stock turbo spooled so fast, the car almost felt N/A.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heres the mods on my engine....

m2 full turbo back exhaust (down pipe, mid pipe, and cat back exhaust, all 3 inch piping from the turbo all the way to the muffler)
vishnu stage zero (new pulley belts, uppipe, ngk plugs, MBC, puley, and ECU)

with all that it still seems to spool late..

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Trainrex said:
That's odd. My VF34 starts spooling before 3000. My stage II stock turbo spooled so fast, the car almost felt N/A.
^^^What he said.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
cpnwrx13 said:
heres the mods on my engine....

m2 full turbo back exhaust (down pipe, mid pipe, and cat back exhaust, all 3 inch piping from the turbo all the way to the muffler)
vishnu stage zero (new pulley belts, uppipe, ngk plugs, MBC, puley, and ECU)

with all that it still seems to spool late..
With those mods, your car should have no problem spooling quickly, especially with pullies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts