Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
949 Posts
Lots of broken links in this FAQ.

djrez4 quoted:
Now, reading the TD04 map, we see that peak efficiency is 76%. The area enclosed by the 76% line includes all of the area in which the turbo is operating at peak efficiency. That said, the most you can get out of the TD04 at peak efficiency is about 0.9bar of pressure and 225 CFM of flow.

The T3 map is rather crappy. While we can still tell where peak efficiency is, we aren't quite sure exactly how efficient the turbo is inside that area. You can, however, see that you can run about 1.25bar of pressure within peak efficiency and flow around 25 lb/min of air.

can you explain this a bit more. I'm having a hard time following your logic here.

correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't be at more than one place on those maps at the same time right?

· Registered
949 Posts
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I think I need to sleep a little and then start trying to work out some calculations tomorrow after I find the equations :). Thanks again.

My long term goal is to be able to single handedly choose a turbo for my STi by calculation and not word of mouth. Can you suggest any other reading that will map this process out in further detail?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.