Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To preface, I have a 2006 wrx limited. I picked it up last February and It’s been a good car but can be a pain in the ass when figuring out what’s wrong with it. I daily it and it was always fine up until the points week ago when I’m actually getting up and going. When I get done shifting it bounces and I don’t think that’s normal. Recently I’ve been getting a lot of the “turbo failure” symptoms. Burning oil, bad hesitation (only when I try to go above 50% throttle around 2k-3k), drinking the hell out of some gas, and the bov and turbo are quieter when I let off the throttle. And no it’s not smoking out the tail pipe which I know is a turbo failure symptom. I got under the hood last night to unscrew the inlet pipe to check for shaft play. The inlet pipe was mangled to hell because the pipe on the end was tightened way to much. But it was also very loose so I tightened it but not to much. Can anyone help?

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
You are making an AWFUL lot of assumptions without testable predictions.

Exactly what mods are on the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are making an AWFUL lot of assumptions without testable predictions.

Exactly what mods are on the car?
Nameless resonator delete.
Cobb cold air intake.
Stage 3 act clutch
Moroso aluminum expansion tank
And some other things I’m not 100% sure about because they were done by the previous owner

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
Nameless resonator delete.
Cobb cold air intake.
Stage 3 act clutch
Moroso aluminum expansion tank
And some other things I’m not 100% sure about because they were done by the previous owner
How is the vehicle tuned?

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
You've gotten yourself into quite the pickle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,465 Posts
The first thing I would do personally is perform a compression and leakdown test on the motor.

The older Cobb intakes for the GD generation were similar to stock, so lack of tuning was less concerning than the modern cars.

Compression and leakdown tests first, if results are good it's time to start looking elsewhere. Engine management would make this whole diagnostic process much easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts