Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is talked to death, but I couldn't find a specific clip with the noise my car is makeing. I recently added a grimmspeed tmic and q300 catback. My other mods are a Cobb sf Intake, Cobb ebcs, Cobb fuel pump, Cobb catted downpipe. My target boost is 20psi. I was also told by my tuner that my I hectors were basically maxed. I already have an appointment to have id1050's installed in 2 weeks. When I build up.boost I get a sound that I think is compressor surge when I let off the throttle. I'm posting the clip of the sound my car makes if someone could let me know.

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
Normal.

If you didn't have the SF intake before, you can now hear the BPV dump into the turbo inlet. There may be a small amount of flutter, but you aren't running anywhere close to enough boost for that to be a concern to your turbo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zax,
I had the intake before, i only started to hear this sound after the TMIC install and more so after the protune. I also haven't been able to hit full boost when going WOT. I hit 18.5 maybe 19psi. But i think that has a lot to do with the temperature here, since its been in the 30's and like i said before my injectors are maxed out. I have hit as high as 103.3% inj.cycle duty. So untill i get those replaced in a couple weeks im not gonna be playing much unless it gets warmer.

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
zax,
I had the intake before, i only started to hear this sound after the TMIC install and more so after the protune. I also haven't been able to hit full boost when going WOT. I hit 18.5 maybe 19psi. But i think that has a lot to do with the temperature here, since its been in the 30's and like i said before my injectors are maxed out. I have hit as high as 103.3% inj.cycle duty. So untill i get those replaced in a couple weeks im not gonna be playing much unless it gets warmer.
Was the ECU remapped after that TMIC was installed?

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
My thought is:
1. Don't worry about it.
2. If you are still worried after 1., talk to the tuner at EFI Logics.

It may sound oversimplified, but remember: you payed for a dyno tune. You didn't just pay for the tuner's time and dyno time, but you also paid for support. Don't be afraid to use that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts