ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God speeks alot about his new Spec turbos in the vendor forums.

They look impressing, but I have failed to get a real idea of what hp you can expect to get from them?

Ofcourse I could pm him, but since that would not benefit the other users here that may also wounder this question I rather post it here..

Time is closing to my turbo change and I need to descide on the right turbo

Lets post the numbers here;

What turbo, expected WHP and RPM of expected full boost !?

In my case I try to deside between the 18G, VF34, spec S or spec R... But lets hear the number of other turboes as well.
Since I, and most users have the 2L lets try to stick with

Lets here it and I'll try to make a table of whats expected

Turbo Expected WHP Expected full boost
Vf22
Vf34
18G
Spec S
Spec R

If this as been done before I'm sorry for this stupid post ;)

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Turbo Expected WHP Expected full boost
Vf22 280-315 3900-4100
Vf34 260-300 3700-3900
18G 300-330 (~360 on race gas!) 3700-4100

Spec S - not to misquote god, but I think this is supposed to respond almost exactly like a vf34, maybe sooner, but make around 20-25 more HP to the wheels and run cooler (more efficiently).

Spec R - Only for higher displacement, strict race engine applications, will not work on a 2 liter in any reasonable way.

There are flow rates and different approximations of horsepower in one of the engine performance stickies at the top of the page, but just to humor you for these turbos, here's what I feel the general consensus is. Read the 5th post in this thread for an idea of flow/horsepower. More flow is good....quick spool is good too. http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16541

~Tim

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Turbo comparison chart?

Timdog1650 said:
Spec R - Only for higher displacement, strict race engine applications, will not work on a 2 liter in any reasonable way.
Thanks for the link.. I'm probatly getting a 18G untill I change my engine to costom built 2-2.5L I'm planning big numbers so Think the Spec R is what I will end up with within 5years or so..

What HP can you expect on it? If I remember correctly I think I heard God mention he would have two diffrent versions of the spec R:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts