Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a turbo chimney from Subtle Solutions. I'm not really in the financial place to buy and keep one yet, but if someone has one laying around that they could measure and take pictures of I'd really appreciate it, and I'd compensate you. Also, if you need to get rid of one, I'm thinking of buying and selling. I just want to be able to draw some plans so that I can hopefully bend one up during the summer.

Damn typos are ruining my life. Maybe this would be better suited for a different part of the forum... idk.

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
I'm looking for a turbo chimney from Subtle Solutions. I'm not really in the financial place to buy one yet, but if someone has one laying around that they could send pictures and take pictures of I'd really appreciate it. I just want to be able to draw one up so that I can hopefully bend one up during the summer.
Just a bit of advice before you go down a rabbit hole of spending money on nothing. If you are strapped for cash it would likely be a better option to save or spend what little money you have maintaining the vehicle. I don’t really see benefit to the item you’ve asked about and feel that your efforts could be spent on better options. Something like a turbo blanket would likely provide a better solution to cooling your under hood temps over that item.

It looks to work while you are driving more than letting hot air escape.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just a bit of advice before you go down a rabbit hole of spending money on nothing. If you are strapped for cash it would likely be a better option to save or spend what little money you have maintaining the vehicle. I don’t really see benefit to the item you’ve asked about and feel that your efforts could be spent on better options. Something like a turbo blanket would likely provide a better solution to cooling your under hood temps over that item.

It looks to work while you are driving more than letting hot air escape.
Well, when the material is free... the grand plan is to get a blanket. I'm hitting the end of the semester so I'm thinking the chimney is the temporary solution! My IC gets really hot so I was hoping to do this at the beginning of the summer to see how it works in the meantime. It has to be better than nothing, considering I have no heat shield or anything there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts