Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the dif between a cat back and a turbo back??
and do either kits come with a up pipe/down pipe.? and would they eliminate all cats? would it be better to rid of all kittys?

also I know the turbo backs go for like 1k and up and the cat backs go for like $600 and up are the turbo backs really worth the xtra 400-500?

·
Registered
218 Posts
cat back is all piping after the cat which is why its called a cat back

a turbo back is all the piping after the turbo.

a turbo back comes with a down pipe which will be a lot more benicial power wise. a catback will help some but not nearly as much as a turbo back.

i personally like the m2 performance turbo back they have a cat in the midpipe and there is an o2 bung too so no cel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kewel so the turbo back is worth the extra cash...now you say they have a cat in the mid pipe I saw a mid cat eliminator or something like that...would it be better to remove the mid cat also or just leave it,...?

how many cats are on the car al together....???

I know 1 the mid pipe as you said and I guess the turbo back eliminates another one...is there another one further down the pipes somewhere...

sorry for the lame questions.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The 3rd cat is in the up-pipe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kewle so if i was to get the mid pipe cat eliminator or 3'rd cat eliminator whatever they call it....(if im refering to the same cat) and get a another up pipe like lets say from god then i would be catless right..????

also like i asked before would going catless be the best choice or instead of the 3'rd cat elminator would a free flow cat be better...there are no emmisions standards where I am I dont need a sticker.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
then no cats it is...thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts