ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a n00b to the Subaru seen. I've desided a WRX is going to be my next car. Hopefully in the next year or so I'll get one.
I've been modding my Grand Am sense I got it almost 5 years ago, and would like to continue that with the WRX (aka something with real potential)

Checking out the Exhaust choices on MPJperformance.com under all the "Turbo Back" Choices it say's "Not Street Legal". Is this because the OEM cat is being replaced or deleted?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
2 of the 3 wrx cats are deleted w/ a turboback. depending on your state and their emissions really is what makes it "legal" or not.

once you replace the up pipe you are fully catless.

you could get a turboback system w/ a high flow cat and be AOK..

tampering w/ emissions eqip is illegal though ;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Basically it is illegal, but cops really aren't gonna care(unless you are REALLY loud). And if you have to go into emmissions you can get a tbe with a cat or you can just throw on your stock downpipe and pass with flying colors.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
youll find the wrx is an extremely shadetree mechanic freindly car. a turboback is not bad at all.

youll be stoked when you get the car.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
gusto said:
2 of the 3 wrx cats are deleted w/ a turboback. depending on your state and their emissions really is what makes it "legal" or not.

incorrect, catalytic converters are federal laws, its illegal regardless of what state you are in.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
your warranty will probobly be screwed.....i am so anti soa/warranty because of some crap that happened to me 2 years ago when i first got the car...grrrrrr still mad!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts