Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you here knows about Kakimoto already. Here are some cool pics for you guys:

Enjoy!

Kakimoto Downpipe:

This Kakimoto downpipe will bolt on to the Kakimoto R, Kakimoto N1 and Kakimoto GT1.0Z.

·
Registered
38 Posts
kakimoto

the downpipe looks very nice. and i know kakimoto's workmanship is top of the line because i have the titanium gt-1z
correct me if i am wrong, doesn't the kakimoto downpipe throw CEL?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got a Kakimoto on the car I have now. Great exhaust systems and they aren't that loud since they are legal exhaust here in Japan for the JCI inspections. I've got the HKS downpipe with the Kakimoto exhaust and no car on my car. Sounds very quiet at idle but once opened up its noticeably not a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Downpipe nice? It looks like the stock exhaust system. No wide-mouth flange? What is that 2.5" piping? Geez, that has got to be the most boring exhaust I've seen so far. Might as well keep the stock exhaust.

jb

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the stock WRX system:

The Kakimoto system is 80 mm all the way.

The Kakimoto R may look boring, but there are also the N1 and GT1.0Z (light weight version) style.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Ugghhh, the factory exhaust looks all deformed and gross and stuff!:p :D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
factory exhaust... eewww gross! LOL

·
Registered
186 Posts
NOSS said:
Thanks for the pics! Ugghhh, the factory exhaust looks all deformed and gross and stuff!:p :D
looooooooooooool

btw: i have the ss gt1z (not on yet) how loud is it at idle?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts