ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO this is my first time to this site, and I am hoping you guys can help. I Just got back from deployment overseas and was able with all Uncle Sams extra dollars was FINALLY able to get my dream car an 04 STI. I have been looking all around and am tring to determine the best mods to do first. I want to do a turbo back exhaust but don't know WHO I should get one from. There are so many companies out there. Who is gonna give me the most WHP as well as best weight reduction.? Also would like to know some of the best mods you guys have done from which you had the best results. Sorry this is so long, but I am new.

THANKS!
alex

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
downpipe and engine management will send you on your way to power. (sti has catless UP so you dont need a new one)

i dont have an sti, just wish i did. :) just a rex for now and welcome!

thanks for serving our country as well. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome back home and welcome to the site. Try doing a search for turboback exhuast's. There is a lot of info in this site that can be accessed through the search function. There are many reputable company's with good products which will give the STI some extra ponnies. I will be getting an 05 STI in september so hopefully I'll have more to add by then.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Just saw this link in another thread. Rates 12 exhaust systems.

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0212tur_exhaust/

Might help....it's in relation to Catbacks but you can always buy a seperate downpipe and the catback seperate. And if you only want to buy turboback these company's should all make turbobacks as well. Good luck and don't be affraid to ask questions. Everyone on the site is very helpful.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
Don't forget to port the wastegate since you'll be accessing it anyways. Turbobacks have given some with an STi boost creep.

If you want most power with lightes weight, that would be titanium. Not cheap, and IMHO, unless you are a serious tracker concerned about each and every pound, not worth the extra expense.

For managment, I lean towards UTEC, but there are many others out there. The choice of your engine managment may be dependant on your location, unless you are willing to travel to a well know tuner. You might want to first locate a good speed shop in your area that has experience with subaru's and ask them what they would recommend and also for some demonstrated results....the proof is in the paper!!

Good luck and welcome back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts