Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a turbo xs turbo back exhuast, couldnt you get rid of the turbo xs mide pipe, and put the cat. converter right after the dp, then mate the cat back system up the cat converter?

im thinking this solution is too easy, and im missing something crucial that everybody has kept everybody else from doing this...other than the price.

·
Registered
148 Posts
well in my understanding the DP is both of your cats...so mating up to a DP would be a cat-back exhaust...now if you really wanted a cat you could do the TXS 4" DP, then the TXS cat pipe, the the cat-back...but i believe the TXS pieces wont mate up with any cat-back except the TXS one so i think you would have to buy a TXS DP, cat pipe, and mid pipe...then buy a cat-back and only use the axle back portion as the TXS mid pipe will fit any aftermarket (or stock?) exhaust...confused yet?...i am!:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you were to buy a TXS stealth exhaust you could techically leave out the midpipe and bolt a Cat-Back up to the TXS hi-flow cat section which is after the downpipe. This would cost about $650 for the TXS unit and $550 for the Cat-Back which ends up being $1200. Why not just buy a TXS downpipe and a TXS hi-flow, and then the cat-back of your choice. This will save some $$$$.

In all honesty though, ditch the cat alltogether, the performance gains will blow you away. I know..... some ppl like to stay legal ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
im pretty sure if you buy the TXS pieces you must buy the DP, cat pipe (or test pipe), and mid pipe because they mate up together...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Schaf100 said:
If you were to buy a TXS stealth exhaust you could techically leave out the midpipe and bolt a Cat-Back up to the TXS hi-flow cat section which is after the downpipe. This would cost about $650 for the TXS unit and $550 for the Cat-Back which ends up being $1200. Why not just buy a TXS downpipe and a TXS hi-flow, and then the cat-back of your choice. This will save some $$$$.

In all honesty though, ditch the cat alltogether, the performance gains will blow you away. I know..... some ppl like to stay legal ;)
what about the rear o2 sensor?...where would it be mounted?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okie..i just called txs up, and they said it would not work. the catpipe flange is a different from the flange on any catback system. so it would not work. :(:(

·
Registered
148 Posts
BoostedAWD said:
okie..i just called txs up, and they said it would not work. the catpipe flange is a different from the flange on any catback system. so it would not work. :(:(
thats what i thought...well what im gonna do is buy the TXS dp, test pipe, mid pipe, and then just use the axle back portion of a HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TexasRex said:

thats what i thought...well what im gonna do is buy the TXS dp, test pipe, mid pipe, and then just use the axle back portion of a HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust...
dont think thatll work either, i believe the hks carbon-ti exhaust is a full 3 inches. and the axel back portion of the txs turbo back bottles down to 2.5 inches.

·
Registered
148 Posts
im actually pretty sure the TXS mid pipe is 3"...i know the dp is 4" then tapers to 3" and i believe its 3" all the way to the mid pipe...ill double check but im pretty sure thats the setup...

·
Registered
249 Posts
The TXS midpipe tapers from 3 inches at the cat to 2.5 inches at the axle back is, so the carbon-ti will not bolt up if it's a full 3 inches. If you really want the carbon ti, just go ahead and buy an HKS downpie to go with it, then you're all set, no hassles, and it's not that expensive. Otherwise, yeah, looks like you'll have to go 100% TXS, or TXS with a Prodrive or Blitz rear section which are both 2.5 inches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts