ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens if you dont tune your wrx if you get upgrades?
like sti turbo/intercooler
exhaust/downpipe/intake

sorry if its a dumb question, ima noob...

·
Registered
0 Posts
ur car will not run properly/ to its full potential

are you going to atleast use an ots map/ some kind of em ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ur car will not run properly/ to its full potential

are you going to atleast use an ots map/ some kind of em ?
oh i havent upgraded yet, im plannng on doin it really soon. and i was fersher gonna get a tune but i was just wondering wat would happen if you were running your car like that

·
Registered
0 Posts
oh i havent upgraded yet, im plannng on doin it really soon. and i was fersher gonna get a tune but i was just wondering wat would happen if you were running your car like that
nothing good

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
boost creep, fuel cuts, backfires, poor mpg, terrible power, and above all: Exploding Car Syndrome (aka ECS) :tongue::thumbup:

don't be too freugal, get some EM!

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
It depends on a lot of things.
there are a lot of options as well.
you can get open source tuning which is where you take your car to a tuner and they do it there for a few hundred bucks plus dyno time or whatever.
or you can get a Cobb AP which is what most people get I guess. I recomnend it for ease and simplicity. $700 new. but available for less used.
then there's online tunes like romraider and whatnot that you just download off the internet. $cheap$

then if you have an AP, you can later get a "protune" which is a custom tune based on your mods. probably the best you can get IMO couple hundred buck + you need an AP to load your custom map onto.

I'm sure those are just a few options and feel free to correct me guys if I'm wrong on any of this.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
so buying a cobb AP would be the easiest way to go??
Yes, I would say it's the easiest. Plug n play. good product.
...and most everyone has these.

everything else is dipping into more advanced tuning.

oh, and if you should ever want to get more advanced. you can get the "streetTUNER" program loaded onto your cobb AP which then allows you to do all the advanced things and do all your own tuning!

cobb AP FTW IMO

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
anthonyfur said:
so buying a cobb AP would be the easiest way to go??
If there is no one in your area who has done OS tuning, then the Cobb AP would be the way to go (OS tuning is not for the novice). If you can find a local Subaru owner who has tuned their own car, see if they can help you out. You could probably get away with them doing a road tune for you by throwing them a few $$ and/or buying them lunch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts